By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Samsung Cloud Gaming Service Announced

Sal.Paradise said:
theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:
PC games on a tv? Oh what a huge mistake.

no it isn't, that's how i play most pc games as well. even battlefield online with xbox controller against mouse and keyboard players haha lol. or witcher 2 or so...sure not shogun 2 or starcraft^^

but i believe the bigger problem is the streaming lag, that's why it wouldn't make sense to play a game like battlefield over this cloud streaming system

Well...ok maybe FPS games are acceptable, but that's like 20% of the industry.

games like bastion and so on are great as well on tv...sure like i said, no rts or mmorpg's but rpg's, shooters and some indie games are acceptable on tv. we all know that a "serious" pc gamer will have a pc but it's a good thing for people who dont have a pc and need nothing more than an update fo the tv and a controller to play some games now (and a fee)

games like alan wake, bioshock, metro, dirt, sonic, witcher and so on... but who knows if you even get these games over this service.

So basically the entire xbox library will be available on tv without needing an xbox.

yes we all know, playstation had 2 exclusives more this gen that makes the difference for...5% of gamers.

Around the Network

So How quickly will people's data cap be reached? I'm guessing streaming games is high data transfer rates.

crissindahouse said:

yes we all know, playstation had 2 exclusives more this gen that makes the difference for...5% of gamers.

No, the point is that the only pc games that are really playable on a tv are basically the ones that are popular on 360, and since every 360 exclusive is also on pc, then they will also be on this device.

Who said anything about playstation?

As in, all a gamer really needs this gen is a ps3, a wii, and a samsung tv.

theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:

No, the point is that the only pc games that are really playable on a tv are basically the ones that are popular on 360, and since every 360 exclusive is also on pc, then they will also be on this device.

sal.paradise was there that should be enough explanation and my response was meant to him. and no, they aren't all available on pc there are dozens (is this the plural of dozen in english?) only for 360 and like i said then, same counts for playstation if you only count 360 games available for pc except maybe a few more games which are really only available on playstation but this is only important for 5% of gamers so you could have mentioned playstation as well then. whatever you tried to say with that, it would count for playstation as well. at least for most customers, maybe not for few like us surfing on gaming sites but we are such an unimportant audience for the whole market...

crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:

sal.paradise was there that should be enough explanation and my response was meant to him. and no, they aren't all available on pc there are dozens (is this the plural of dozen in english?) only for 360 and like i said then, same counts for playstation if you only count 360 games available for pc except maybe a few more games which are really only available on playstation but this is only important for 5% of gamers so you could have mentioned playstation as well then. whatever you tried to say with that, it would count for playstation as well. at least for most customers, maybe not for few like us surfing on gaming sites but we are such an unimportant audience for the whole market...

I'm not sure I understand. PS3 is ~30% of the market. Why would people buy a 250$ ps3 over a 199$ xbox if it wasn't for the exclusive games available to it? Sony has not put a single one of their games on pc. MS has put 99% of their games on pc.

It's the same with wii. You won't find any wii games on that samsung, and that account for more than 40% of the market. Again, it's not about ps3. Ps3 AND wii make up nearly 70%, you can't say that equals 5% by any stretch.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:
PC games on a tv? Oh what a huge mistake.

no it isn't, that's how i play most pc games as well. even battlefield online with xbox controller against mouse and keyboard players haha lol. or witcher 2 or so...sure not shogun 2 or starcraft^^

but i believe the bigger problem is the streaming lag, that's why it wouldn't make sense to play a game like battlefield over this cloud streaming system

Well...ok maybe FPS games are acceptable, but that's like 20% of the industry.

games like bastion and so on are great as well on tv...sure like i said, no rts or mmorpg's but rpg's, shooters and some indie games are acceptable on tv. we all know that a "serious" pc gamer will have a pc but it's a good thing for people who dont have a pc and need nothing more than an update fo the tv and a controller to play some games now (and a fee)

games like alan wake, bioshock, metro, dirt, sonic, witcher and so on... but who knows if you even get these games over this service.

what ever i have hooked my pc on my wide screen tv about 8 years ago and never looked back... especially with plasma.... there is no viable reason why not... i have a better experience than any geeky pc player around.... unless maybe someone with a triple display and 7.2 but 9therwise i have my ass set up in sweet as couch where i can lay in however i want or i can switch to the recliner when i ned a mouse and keyboard.... i have a sweet hd screen and bad ass hi fi grade 5.1 home theatre sound system.... and i rather keep that than have higher pc spec for a 25 inch in my office even though my office chaire is damn confortable.... but hey let the stonage geek be stonage geeks their lose my gain...

theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:

I'm not sure I understand. PS3 is ~30% of the market. Why would people buy a 250$ ps3 over a 199$ xbox if it wasn't for the exclusive games available to it? Sony has not put a single one of their games on pc. MS has put 99% of their games on pc.

It's the same with wii. You won't find any wii games on that samsung, and that account for more than 40% of the market. Again, it's not about ps3. Ps3 AND wii make up nearly 70%, you can't say that equals 5% by any stretch.

Even I, a non-MS fan know this is not true

theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:

no MS doesn't put anything on pc they put thing for MS windows operated platform.... sony or ninty would have an os they'd do the same.... now before you get all mad about who has the biggest.... pretty sure the day MS exclu are threaten they find a way to counter it through different copiright DRM term of use combo.... out of the three MS has the strongest backbone financialy i ain't worried for them in a light year

theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:

oh and i forgot wii represents rats ass of the gaming market..... they sold 96 million of dust collectors.... look at that ridiculous attach rate most people (among the casual mostly) are probably not even using their wii anymore maybe to watch netflix for the one that didn't upgrade to a better tv.... i have nothing against ninty but please stop your pathetic blasphemy half of the actual wii owners haven't bought game in years.... there is a reason devs didn't jump in are prefer MS and Sony next cause they potentially will sell more games on an xbox platform or a ps3..... and if you don't believe it good for you... 

theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:

i bought mine because i could get a good blu-ray player and for two games series, uncharted and gow (so for the really big ip's)). and 360 is more expensive if you use the online service.

and i didn't say sony own 5% of the market, i said only 5% of the gamers care about the few more exclusives on ps3. maybe a few percent more. most don't care about the unimportant exclusives.

but to come back what you tried to say, if people wouldn't need a 360 anymore because microsoft put some games on pc  (which still means there are games like pgr (which should be forza horizon now), halo, shadow complex, banjo, kinect games, amped, perfect dark, lost odyssey, forza, gears, blue dragon and blablabla), most who own a ps3 wouldn't need this console anymore as well except people like us surfing on internet sites but most gamers could live without killzone and god of war or halo and gears. most of my friends here in germany buy a console because of football games. if there wouldn't be these games, they wouldn't buy a console. sure they buy halo and killzone as well then but they wouldn't buy a console without fifa and multi-plat games would be enough for them to play. and for people people like me, even if i would only have halo for 360 i woud buy the 360 for that. microsoft doesn't need 100 exclusives to sell a console to his "fans", because if they want to play halo they need the 360, simple as that. and if sony wouldn't have heavy rain, starhawk, killzone and resistance they wouldn't have sold much less consoles.

if sony would really have such an important advantage i wonder why we don't see that in sales. sure playstation is selling better but playstation is a brand known by everyone and if the japanese wouldn't hate to buy foreign cars/consoles/whatever so much, xbox would sell even better.

and talking about nintendo, yes you are right, nintendo lives from the exclusives. just imagine they would have all the multi-plat games as well of ps3 and 360! people who bought a ps3 or 360 because of the whole library (which is in most parts mult-plat games) wouldn't need these anymore and many would have a wii instead

but just theoretically, if 80% of xbox 360 players wouldn't need a 360 anymore with that cloud gaming (the rest still because of halo and so on), minimum 70% of playstation players wouldn't need a playstation as well anymore then.