By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Summer Jam Thread! Monster Hunter 4 Spring 2013 release date! Official Trailer inside! First footage ever for PS3 Resident Evil 6!

Tagged games:

I will not post anything not Capcom summer jam related

Ok 11 61.11%

Ok 4 22.22%

Total:15

of course thay are localizing this...

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
Capcoms not gonna localize this game. They haven't localized a mh game in years. And it's not like their decision making skills are on the upswing.

Well, I don't think they will solely localise it.  I think Nintendo and Capcom will co-publish/market the game in the West.  Actually, I'm expecting NoE MH3G to get a localisation announced by the end of the year, probably in a Nintendo Direct

It's a shame we can't see an MH on Vita as of yet, but I'm sure this game will be great on 3DS!

theprof00 said:
@zim
U dont think psps biggest game would sell vitas?
A 3 year old ps2 game boosted japanese sales by 28 k roughly. You dont think a new mh would sell vitas?
Not saying it would, just saying your criticism is a little lacking.
I mean were talking about the trailer here. Do you think this game will be as good as the old ones??
I mean which mh do u think is the best one and do u think this one is advertising the same featires?

Of course it would boost sales. Would it boost them by the required 4million vitas to be able to match the series heights (even then still needing to sell to 100% of owners)? Not a snowballs chance in hell. Would it be able to boost them by the million or so to get reasonable sales? Probably not in the short term. Also you better believe that when publishers are planning a game they don't plan it based on ''Well hey our game could hopefully boost the userbase of the system''. When/if the vita starts seeing healthy weekly sales and gets a reasonable userbase then a MH game will come well or it might get lucky and get an existing game ported in the current state. 

Why are you expecting a new game to advertise the same old features? That would be very odd. They are clearly trying to push the new aspects of it. From what we have seen so far though it looks like the old features are there and some vast improvements. With more interesting combat, what looks like smoother movement and a good graphical bump over the PSP games.

It entirely comes off as you only don't like the game because it's on 3DS. Because what they showed is Monster Hunter with a few improvements.  

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

MrT-Tar said:
leatherhat said:
Capcoms not gonna localize this game. They haven't localized a mh game in years. And it's not like their decision making skills are on the upswing.

Well, I don't think they will solely localise it.  I think Nintendo and Capcom will co-publish/market the game in the West.  Actually, I'm expecting NoE MH3G to get a localisation announced by the end of the year, probably in a Nintendo Direct

Nintendo is not a company I trust when it comes to localizing either

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
Zim said:
theprof00 said:
@zim
U dont think psps biggest game would sell vitas?
A 3 year old ps2 game boosted japanese sales by 28 k roughly. You dont think a new mh would sell vitas?
Not saying it would, just saying your criticism is a little lacking.
I mean were talking about the trailer here. Do you think this game will be as good as the old ones??
I mean which mh do u think is the best one and do u think this one is advertising the same featires?

Of course it would boost sales. Would it boost them by the required 4million vitas to be able to match the series heights (even then still needing to sell to 100% of owners)? Not a snowballs chance in hell. Would it be able to boost them by the million or so to get reasonable sales? Probably not in the short term. Also you better believe that when publishers are planning a game they don't plan it based on ''Well hey our game could hopefully boost the userbase of the system''. When/if the vita starts seeing healthy weekly sales and gets a reasonable userbase then a MH game will come well or it might get lucky and get an existing game ported in the current state. 

Why are you expecting a new game to advertise the same old features? That would be very odd. They are clearly trying to push the new aspects of it. From what we have seen so far though it looks like the old features are there and some vast improvements. With more interesting combat, what looks like smoother movement and a good graphical bump over the PSP games.

It entirely comes off as you only don't like the game because it's on 3DS. Because what they showed is Monster Hunter with a few improvements.  

Re sales: No companies don't make games hoping to boost sales. They simply make the games and people buy them. Not many companies don't make games simply because the userbase isn't massive.

Re gameplay: I'm not saying that, I'm saying that based on the older games, the features being displayed appear to be in contrast with the gameplay of the older games. Don't you think there might be a problem there? I mean, what do you think, or what is your favorite part of MH, what do you like about the games, and what matters to you, personally?

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

cyberninja45 said:

hahaha you seem to be enjoying this.

@vic
Once u get the hunter lodge rank 3 the map stops showing up. So i dont think the map is a huge deal for the screen. Plus it can be resized and removed manually.

theprof00 said:
@vic
Once u get the hunter lodge rank 3 the map stops showing up. So i dont think the map is a huge deal for the screen. Plus it can be resized and removed manually.

i thought so, I've saw another pic after that that showed a smaller map. Thanks for clarifying!

------------------------------

Well, I'm outta here guys! Probably will not return in good conditions to follow this thread later tonight!

So, while I think the most important "news" has already been released, you never know! Hope one of you is brave enough to fight sleep and follow the stream (link in op). It's going to be a real conference this time!

See you tomorrow!

And I see the "Ok" option is winning the poll! You guys are so understanding! ;)