By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sad day for Canada as Research in Motion puts itself up for sale

Citing challenging financial situations 

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/rim-hires-jp-morgan-rbc-to-review-strategies-2012-05-29

Around the Network

Bummer, hope this doesn't affect my already lacklustre BB service.

Hope someone decent picks them up.

Will probably get picked up by Apple, MS, or Google to continue their patent war.

It had to happen sooner or later. I'm not surprised, hopefully they won't got to trash (if they aren't already, I wouldn't know) before dying all the way.

TadpoleJackson said:
Will probably get picked up by Apple, MS, or Google to continue their patent war.

Well google has already spent a lot in buying Motorola, Microsoft won't buy it either bc their mobile business is almost dead.  It would be like a parent sending a kid with AIDS to a private college.   

Apple might want to take a look, Samsung might as well.

Around the Network
dallas said:
TadpoleJackson said:

Well google has already spent a lot in buying Motorola, Microsoft won't buy it either bc their mobile business is almost dead.  It would be like a parent sending a kid with AIDS to a private college.   

Apple might want to take a look, Samsung might as well.

Again, RIM is probably worth the amount for the patents alone. I'm sure MS would love to get a few more patents to throw in Motorola's face

Facebook will pick it up..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

This was a long time coming.

TadpoleJackson said:

This is actually a solid theory. I'd see Google trying to get them for billions while Apple/MS and the bigger conglomerate all go in together like they did for... I think it was Cisco patents.

Millenium said:
Bummer, hope this doesn't affect my already lacklustre BB service.

Hope someone decent picks them up.

Really time to move one. You're missing a ton on iOS or Android, such a better experience and even Android offers real keyboards if you have to have that.