By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Favorite Books

So what are some of everyone's favorite books? I've had a hard time finding anything interesting to read lately and honestly, I'd love suggestions. I usually read fantasy (especially urban fantasy) , some sci-fi, well written non-fiction, some post modern stuff.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

Do magazines count? How about comic books? No dice. Oh well.

Nineteen eighty four is really good. Reminds me of Half life 2 for some reason

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is one of my favorite books of all time. Probably have read that thing 15-20 times. Another book series I like started with "mandalorian Armor" I think...it's a series centering on Boba Fett in Star Wars, very fun read.

By far though....Ender's Game....read it.

Give Me a Break by John Stossel is my favorite book. I really like these books:

History- The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History by Thomas E. Woods Jr.

War- The Real Lincoln by Thomas DiLorenzo

Improvement- How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World: A Handbook for Personal Liberty by Harry Browne; Financial Peace: Revisited by Dave Ramsey;
Don't Shoot the Bastards (Yet): 101 More Ways to Salvage Freedom by Claire Wolfe

Politics- Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do : The Absurdity of Consensual Crimes in Our Free Country by Peter McWilliams;
Why Government Doesn't Work by Harry Browne;
Give Me a Break : How I Exposed Hucksters, Cheats, and Scam Artists and Became the Scourge of the Liberal Media... by John Stossel;
The Ten Things You Can't Say In America by Larry Elder;
Healing Our World In An Age of Aggression by Mary Ruwart

Economics- Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics by Henry Hazlitt

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

if you like fantasy, the Assassin's books by Robin Hobb are a must.

if you can read this..... give me my account back dammit!!!!

well the only books read in my life are:

1. The Harry Potter series - there great
2. Lord Of The Rings series - great to
3. Chronicles of Narnia - good
4. Jungle Book (the long edition)
5. To Kill A Mockingbird - fantastic
6. Quintiens Lunch - Love it to death

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

I'm about halfway through "The Ultimate History of Video Games" by Steven Kent

When I'm done with it I'm reading it again.

Yes, it's that good.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

what is a book?