By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Vita game sales- (EU+USA+ASIA up) UK (Store) updated to 25th June, (MGS added) Updated with corrected figures. JP and US numbers needed. :)

Tagged games:

how about go asking people if they went digital or retail here?

say, who here bought gravity rush? did you get it retail or digital? now interpolate that or something using sales data from here. Sure it may not be accurate, but it beats assuming that those who left ratings on psn actually bought the game and didnt just download the demo.

Around the Network

As with almost all digital sales tracking the intention is good but the execution is utterly laughable. This has literally zero value.

So based on one or two games that had roughly 5% of people rate them that means all titles have 5% of people rate them. Of course no one decided to question if those titles were even fair representations of the market for other games. Meaning that games like Asphalt Injection have sold over 100k digital despite retail sales being only 60k worldwide. Oh and those digital sales are only in the Uk and USA? So I guess worldwide Asphalt digital sales utterly destroyed retail! Gravity rush has sold 40k digital in Hong Kong alone?

Seriously this whole x20 thing is ridiculous. You are trying to assign a random multiplier based on the chance that people may have rated a game. You may as well just throw a dart at a board and see what number comes out and use that. Surely some of these titles must have leaderboards as well? Wouldn't that provide a still inaccurate but at least slightly better representation?

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Zim said:
As with almost all digital sales tracking the intention is good but the execution is utterly laughable. This has literally zero value.

So based on one or two games that had roughly 5% of people rate them that means all titles have 5% of people rate them. Of course no one decided to question if those titles were even fair representations of the market for other games. Meaning that games like Asphalt Injection have sold over 100k digital despite retail sales being only 60k worldwide. Oh and those digital sales are only in the Uk and USA? So I guess worldwide Asphalt digital sales utterly destroyed retail! Gravity rush has sold 40k digital in Hong Kong alone?

Seriously this whole x20 thing is ridiculous. You are trying to assign a random multiplier based on the chance that people may have rated a game. You may as well just throw a dart at a board and see what number comes out and use that. Surely some of these titles must have leaderboards as well? Wouldn't that provide a still inaccurate but at least slightly better representation?

Was meant to update the Thread table and Title a while ago, UK numbers are actually EU numbers and HK is actually asia numbers, the numbers for Asphalt injection include DEMO downloads so the number is not accurate although the amount of ratings is, if anything these numbers (The ratings) show what interest a game has and clearly shows when there isn't a demo  the numbers for a game such as Motorstorm RC (15027) is much more popular than Ben 10 Galactic Racing (29). 

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

I have just added a Leaderboard column and have added Super Stardust number and will add Motorstorm number. Although i think you can only see top 15 on the leaderboard, you can check you ranking or your friends ranking the lowest any of my friends are is 250601.

If anyone who has the vita version (gift) your friend the ps3 version or other way round, then complete the first race in the slowest time possible then check your ranking for Monument valley and we should get the lowest number.

If anyone wants to update numbers based on their favourite game instead of all the games on US and other stores (Such as Gravity Rush/Daze) that would be most helpful and would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have numbers for gravity rush/Daze? Thanks.

Around the Network

Updated to 25th June with EU numbers, deleted some game that included demo numbers.

Leaderbaords and Trophies are the best way to track digital sales, but not all games have leaderboards, and not all games have at least 1 easy trophy that the majority will get, i never got 1 on trash panic and i played that loads lol

I think FF7 has around 13,000 votes in the EU Store. That means 260,000 sold in EU alone. But I think the game released before the rating system so sales could be higher.

Turkish said:
I think FF7 has around 13,000 votes in the EU Store. That means 260,000 sold in EU alone. But I think the game released before the rating system so sales could be higher.

And we know it crossed 100k in the US in like two days. It's likely over a million by now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Turkish said:

And we know it crossed 100k in the US in like two days. It's likely over a million by now.

Probably 2 million with Japanese and Asian sales.