By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I thought we were suppose to be working to return some quality back here?

Khuutra said:

If they take away from good discussion, and demonstrably discourage people from participating in good discussion, they need to go, regardless of how much some members like them.

That's why they should be taken away from the "Normal" Thread area. People who don't play them don't want to see them, I agree. However, they shouldn't be wipped out all-together. They should have to be off the front page and only in the "Extra" section.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Khuutra said:

If they take away from good discussion, and demonstrably discourage people from participating in good discussion, they need to go, regardless of how much some members like them.

That's why they should be taken away from the "Normal" Thread area. People who don't play them don't want to see them, I agree. However, they shouldn't be wipped out all-together. They should have to be off the front page and only in the "Extra" section.

Why bother going to that trouble? Getting rid of them is much easier, much faster, and much more enforcible without even further forum segmentation. Segmentation is not actually healthy for a forum.

Khuutra said:
NintendoPie said:
Khuutra said:

Why bother going to that trouble? Getting rid of them is much easier, much faster, and much more enforcible without even further forum segmentation. Segmentation is not actually healthy for a forum.

You really want to turn this place into some type of Dictatorship, don't you, Khuutra?

NintendoPie said:
Khuutra said:

You really want to turn this place into some type of Dictatorship, don't you, Khuutra?

Strictly modded places tend to be much nicer to post in, and have a much more friendly and approachable userbase.

Khuutra said:
NintendoPie said:
Khuutra said:

Strictly modded places tend to be much nicer to post in, and have a much more friendly and approachable userbase.

I doubt that. It resticts the freedom of posting what you think. (Yeah, some people can get out of hand...)

You would always feel like something you say is going to be bad/wrong/inappropriate. Basically, not much fun.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Khuutra said:

I doubt that. It resticts the freedom of posting what you think. (Yeah, some people can get out of hand...)

You would always feel like something you say is going to be bad/wrong/inappropriate. Basically, not much fun.

You'd be surprised how quickly people learn not to act stupid in forums where acting stupid is frowned upon.

Nintendopie you seem to be really against the the termination of spam threads ..elimination game has been done so many times on this site that whatever purpose they used to serve is gone and now is like filler epsiode of DBZ.

It time to refocus this site on meaningful discussion and reduce unproductive ways in which people try get credibility/post inflation on this site

Xxain said:
Nintendopie you seem to be really against the the termination of spam threads ..elimination game has been done so many times on this site that whatever purpose they used to serve is gone and now is like filler epsiode of DBZ.

It time to refocus this site on meaningful discussion and reduce unproductive ways in which people try get credibility/post inflation on this site

What? No. You totally read my posts wrong. I was agreeing, mostly, with Khuutra. Just not the total elimination of them. Most of them are quite stupid in my opinion. (I actually like the E3 one, though.)

kuutra why did you ignore my last post? are you afraid of failure?

NintendoPie said:
Xxain said:

What? No. You totally read my posts wrong. I was agreeing, mostly, with Khuutra. Just not the total elimination of them. Most of them are quite stupid in my opinion. (I actually like the E3 one, though.)

A  temporary ban forum games threads for about a year will do this site good. We gotta start forcing emphasis on game discussion nothing else anything that stands in the way of that needs to go