By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Civilization collapses due to electricity not working, which boardgame of mine do you play?

How about Rock, Paper, Scissors?

Around the Network

chess?

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

blkfish92 said:
How about Rock, Paper, Scissors?

Which also can be played with large numbers all at once:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/99675/massive-multiplayer-rock-paper-scissors

Yes, another one of my games I did.

menx64 said:
chess?

Which, if you have a chess set, not long enables you to play one game, but a number of variants using a normal chess set.  A thing about Chess is that it lends to people creating variants, so you also get a game system:

http://chessvariants.org/

On the site is a list of more notable ones.   The nature of chess being what it is, also lent to myself creating a number of variants.

Kantor said:
richardhutnik said:
Kantor said:

Any board game: Risk, because it lasts for hours and you never get bored of it.

One of yours: Crossing Stonehenge, because it's the highest rated and I'm not about to research the premises of 70-odd board games.

If you like Risk, take a look at Risk Legacy:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/105134/risk-legacy

As far as Crossing Stonehenge, you can't go by the rating.  I shilled the game to a 10 level for giggles on there.  Since no one else rated it, that would be the case.  It is good though.  Linebreakers is similar, but uses chess pieces and a regular chess board.

Designs of note by me though would be:
Simultaneous Captain's Mistress, which was said to make Connect Four "almost playable" by those who don't like Connect Four.

Oneonta Whist, for those who want a trick-taking card game that is playable solitaire, with 2 or more, and even cooperatively.

I also have a number of chess variants I did, which are of note.

Risk Legacy costs more than double what Risk does. £40 is ridiculously expensive for a board game.

Simultaneous Captain's Mistress sounds interesting and has the bonus of being available online, so I'll try that out.

By standards people apply to videogames though, it is supposed to be a really good experience for playing.  Even if you play through once, it is supposed to be memorable.

Around the Network

Most important person? there must be something special about you that makes you most important... hmm.... I would play whichever game that has the sharpest parts so that I could kill you and use your body to regain electricity.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Civilization collapses? Poor Sid Meyer...

DepthAlly said:

Most important person? there must be something special about you that makes you most important... hmm.... I would play whichever game that has the sharpest parts so that I could kill you and use your body to regain electricity.

Hey, if I am creating some extreme end of the world fiction, why not put myself at the center of it, making myself the most important person in it?

A gotcha about your strategy is that it fails to account for the reality my body is not key to the regaining of electricity.  Because I design tabletop games, I didn't feel it in my interest to have my body have the ability to regain electricity.  

As for bits to use, I suggest getting ahold of Icehouse pieces.  They have sharp points at the end.  You might want to look into that.

VicViper said:
Civilization collapses? Poor Sid Meyer...

It is horrible, because no one can play his game without electricity.

richardhutnik said:
DepthAlly said:

Hey, if I am creating some extreme end of the world fiction, why not put myself at the center of it, making myself the most important person in it?

A gotcha about your strategy is that it fails to account for the reality my body is not key to the regaining of electricity.  Because I design tabletop games, I didn't feel it in my interest to have my body have the ability to regain electricity.  

As for bits to use, I suggest getting ahold of Icehouse pieces.  They have sharp points at the end.  You might want to look into that.

Hmmm... thanks for the suggestion. If your body doesn't regain electricity, I may still kill you or someone else, though. The frustration of lacking electricity may be overwhelming, I'll need to let it out on someone.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain