By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pre-Order Gran Turismo 5: Prologue for $39.99 @ gamestop.com

How is that comment even close to trolling??

Its not a demo. Demos are like 3 cars and 1 track.(and free)

And it's not the full length that would be 100-200 cars and 20-30 tracks.(and 60usd)

So how is calling it a full length demo(longer than a demo but shorter than full lenght game) wrong?

Around the Network

i'll wait a few more months and just buy the full game for about $30 more with 100s of more cars and a whole lot more tracks.

I mean this seriously, paying $40 for probably around roughly 1/4 of a game is stupid and insane. You're basically telling Sony that 1/4 of a $60 is worth almost triple its supposed value, as long as you get it early. Soon we'll be getting more and more incomplete, rushed games, while needing more and more patches because of how buggy they'll be.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I think you guys have it all wrong. With the time they are putting in this game i think they wanted to give people something to hold them off. this 1/4th of the full length is still as big as other racers selling for 60dollars.

PooperScooper said:
I think you guys have it all wrong. With the time they are putting in this game i think they wanted to give people something to hold them off. this 1/4th of the full length is still as big as other racers selling for 60dollars.

If they wanted to do that they'd offer a discount to those who bought prologue.

Around the Network

Cool to here, but I will just get it off of PSN. This is deffenetly worth my 40 dollars.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Well, you don't have to buy this if you think it's not good enough for the price.
Releasing Prologue hardly can be seen as a bad move towards customer. It gives people a chance to buy and try new GT5 few months sooner. If someone isn't interested in that kind of deal than he don't have to buy it.

$39.99? I think I'll pass, I'll just get the full game. I can get Warhawk for that amount of money, w/o the bluetooth headset of course.

Considering they have been releasing Prologue games since the first Gran Turismo how can anyone say that it's a ripoff or out of character for them to release this?

Anyways its a pretty good deal actually. Luckily I get 10% off at Walmart so I'll just wait for it to be released.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

segajon said:
Really why wouldn't it be $60.

Because it's not a full game. It pisses me off to no end that Sony expects us to buy an extended demo for $40 and the real game for $60 later in the year (or early next year).

Meh, they can go **** themselves. $20, I could deal with. Free would be better (and drive console sales). But $40? No way, I'll wait for the real version, thanks. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/