By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario tennis sales note

Just thought i would post this tidbit. I went to my local asda from my workplace this morning and picked up a copy of mario tennis. When i got to the checkout the cashier said i was lucky as i was buying the last one, and that it had been a good seller all morning. Granted, she also said that they did not have that many copies to begin with but still selling out at half 11 in the morning is a promising sign for elsewhere. Obviously this is only anecdotal and the same might not apply anywhere else but i thought it was interesting. Just about to start the game now.

Around the Network

It is refreshing to see its sales is all well. I would love to eventually play this. I thoroughly enjoy New-Play Control Mario Power Tennis, which I regretfully did not purchase for Gamecube. Hope to see it continues to do well.

VGC doesn't seem to be tracking it (still not even in the database), so i'm not certain on what the numbers are here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

First impressions and thats all they are at this stage is very impressive. I really like the graphics and feel of the game plus i have been able to get the black and white yoshi extra characters which are nice additions. Its only been released today so this site wont have any numbers till later next week i think. Im not expecting massive numbers but i think it will probably reach a million.

I'm interested in Mario Tennis but I love the Mario Golf series way more. Does the Mario Tennis feature ability to level up characters or are their stats set in stone like N64 / GC version (I'm 99 %sure there was no leveling up for those versions considering it is usually the hand held version that features leveling of characters)?

Around the Network

Good. The 3DS hasn't had a big game in two months, and needs a solid hit.

Love and tolerate.

You lucky son of a bitch.

Anyway, I'm glad it's selling. My local store only has a small gaming section, so I fear I'll have to wait a few weeks until they get it (like how they waited with Mario Kart 7).

The 3DS shelves here are usually half-empty here by the way, which is rather surprising.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Anyway, I'm glad it's selling. My local store only has a small gaming section, so I fear I'll have to wait a few weeks until they get it (like how they waited with Mario Kart 7).

The 3DS shelves here are usually half-empty here by the way, which is rather surprising.

You should just buy from Amazon.  I pretty much stopped going to GameStop and other stores.  Amazon is king especially when purchasing games after a few months of being released.

sethnintendo said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

You should just buy from Amazon.  I pretty much stopped going to GameStop and other stores.  Amazon is king especially when purchasing games after a few months of being released.

Yeah, cheap website stores is usually my way out when the wait gets unbearable. The saddest part is though that I live on a rather small island, so they won't send the games to my mailbox.

ive never played any of the previous mario tennis games, so im eager to try this out.