By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - 6.3 million sold, new PC game launch record

Wait, didnt they mess up with the decimal ? I thought pc gaming is dead. Shouldnt it be 0.63m ? /joke
Great numbers, they deserve it ...

Taking my time with it. Only act 2 nightmare right now.

Around the Network

Wow this is a lot higher then predictions.

It's just that simple.

And with that simple number explains the host of problems and error 37's people have been experiencing and complaining about.

Even if only 1% (and I suspect it was higher than that) of people complained, that's still a lot of complaints, lol.

Dang, Blizzard games are seeds that grow into money trees. If it weren't for their online policies that require their games to be online all the time, I'd be enjoying the game myself.

like i said more than one time here just to kill the baby seals, in the german amazon sales diablo 3 was #1 for half an year or so before it was released and is now almost one year in the top 100. and the chart if for all platforms, if 360, ps3 or 3ds. something which is so long in the charts on the first place can't sell only 4 million lifetime or what some analysts stupidly predicted.

Around the Network

I was shocked by this number. Absolutely astounding sales. My friends and I are certainly contributed to that, though the sad thing is none of us have played since it has come out. LoL has taken over all of our gaming time. =/

BradleyJ said:
I was shocked by this number. Absolutely astounding sales. My friends and I are certainly contributed to that, though the sad thing is none of us have played since it has come out. LoL has taken over all of our gaming time. =/

It's the oppposite for my friends. This is the first PC game I've bought in 3+ years and we are all playing it. I've already put in a good 30 hours into the game and liking it outside of the single player latency. Since you always have to be connected theres even latency in single player, and It's rather annoying. Hoping the servers stablize in a month or two otherwise It's something I'd knock a whole point off a review for. Otherwise ignoring that It's probably a high 8/solid 9 score from me.

It's just that simple.

wfz said:
Oh god! PC gaming is dead! Core gaming is dead!

LOL! We must be undead gamers, then.   

Except that Diablo is actually quite a casual RPG!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!