By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you hate about the person above you? Feces just got real up in here!

Im not, no. Its against my recent revelation that threads like this need to be purged.

To put it nicer, moved into a sub-forum that doesnt appear on my Hot Topics.

Around the Network

Likes Hot Topic too much, possibly listen to My Chemical Romance and dresses Emo.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

No need to apologize spurge. No need to stop making threads.

Just... Just make useful threads.

Spurge joined 4 Months after me and I have 1000 more posts than him. Its nothing to do with post count, really.

Its to do with encouraging good conversation. Threads much like this that aren't needed on the front page. They push other useful threads off that main page and into obscurity. This becomes a problem because the vast majority of people don't actually visit the 2nd, 3rd, 4th (and so on) pages of threads. They look at whats on the front page and go at it from there.

I have no problem at all with new guys getting high post counts.

Carl2291 said:
Spurge joined 4 Months after me and I have 1000 more posts than him. Its nothing to do with post count, really.

Its to do with encouraging good conversation. Threads much like this that aren't needed on the front page. They push other useful threads off that main page and into obscurity. This becomes a problem because the vast majority of people don't actually visit the 2nd, 3rd, 4th (and so on) pages of threads. They look at whats on the front page and go at it from there.

I have no problem at all with new guys getting high post counts.

That's right. It was never about the post counts. VG Chartz can very well remove the points/money system, and users like me would still post in threads like these. I already have to be professional in person, email, phone calls as well as on the correspondences at work. Threads like these is where it breaks the monotony I have at work. On the VG Chartz forum changes, I made these suggestions. This will actually help eliminate your issues with threads such as these.

spurgeonryan doesn't need to apologize to you. He's actually made a lot of useful threads as well. This is what made this site in the first place dynamic. You should remember how it was back then. It was actually more controversial back then. Hell Rubang would have semi-nude pictures of him and he was praised for it. Productive threads as well as random-no-specific-threads can co-exist.

EDIT: I just read the post on the "VG Chartz Forum changes". I actually agree. Ignore feature would be most useful.

Around the Network

I just had a huge post typed out, and my phone spazzed. Anger.

Anyway. Removing the threads? No.

Theyre annoying, but banning them outright is a no-no. Its mighty annoying seeing the same useless thread on the Hot Topics, being bumped by the same people day in, day out.

I admit, I was harsh when I came into this thread, Im tired and grumpy. What Im saying is (and should really say it elsewhere) that threads like these and arguably the gilga ones shouldnt be appearing on that front page. Its a videogame website.

The best thing for all parties, would be to have a sub-forum for just this kind of topic. Voting threads. User above threads. Post about yourself threads. Etc. Dont just drop them into offtopic, as offtopic still has some decent threads.

PSwii60 - I agree with your post. I remember back then, although I think I joined just as that stuff started to die down. I remember the spam threads too. The difference between then and now was that then, youd only really have one thread in which the usual lot would post. Im fairly sure that these surpassed 5k posts and were remade really often.

Carl2291 said:
I just had a huge post typed out, and my phone spazzed. Anger.

Anyway. Removing the threads? No.

Theyre annoying, but banning them outright is a no-no. Its mighty annoying seeing the same useless thread on the Hot Topics, being bumped by the same people day in, day out.

I admit, I was harsh when I came into this thread, Im tired and grumpy. What Im saying is (and should really say it elsewhere) that threads like these and arguably the gilga ones shouldnt be appearing on that front page. Its a videogame website.

The best thing for all parties, would be to have a sub-forum for just this kind of topic. Voting threads. User above threads. Post about yourself threads. Etc. Dont just drop them into offtopic, as offtopic still has some decent threads.

PSwii60 - I agree with your post. I remember back then, although I think I joined just as that stuff started to die down. I remember the spam threads too. The difference between then and now was that then, youd only really have one thread in which the usual lot would post. Im fairly sure that these surpassed 5k posts and were remade really often.

It did get even worse back then, actually. The difference actually is the number of members we have now. VG Chartz then was really young then and did not have as much members. There are clicks, if you know what I mean.

I actually had been lurking since late, late 2006 but did not create an account until early 2008. I actually don't want too much disagreement like these to happen that's why I offered the suggestion I made on the VG Chartz changes. That's exactly what need to happen. It's not the members, or mods that needs change. It's the site. I hate to say this but it needs one more re-haul that has to manage and organize the forums better. On that note, just remember what led to the creation of VG Chartz.

Doesn't know Foxit Reader

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

is managed by a ninja software that prompts me to update at the worst times ever

Has Hyuna as his avatar with one of her grumpy/sexy faces on.