By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Mario Wii U footage indicates flying squirrel suit and baby Yoshi!

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178465

Catherine: Nice! I finally cleared it, and I did it in under 100 seconds! I RULE!

>_> Christ, that Catherine is such a competitive bitch.

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
The button placement is different, there is a power button on the Pro controller(instead of holding down the Home button on the 360 controller), plus the controller is rechargeable(from what is seen in the photo).

yeah sure and no color for buttons and things like that. it can't look exactly llike it but if you will hold the controller in the hand i am sure it will be pretty similiar which is great in my opinion.

It really does look like a Xbox360 controller... Except for the fact that ABXY are in their PROPER places, and not inverted.

I'm the result of someone exclusively playing Final Fantasy XI from the PS2 release till 2010, and only stopping for small bouts of catch up. 

3DS Friend Code: Tate - Uh.. stuff happened... I need to get a new 3DS 

Switch FC: SW-3272-7705-6029

If you add me, please let me know so I can add you back. =D

FFXI Character: Formally Tatewaki of Cerberus, Now Arngrim Of Sylph.  Retired forever. ; ;

FFXIV Character: Tate Raken of Hyperion

All time favorite game: Chrono Trigger. 

All time favorite Manga: One piece... Followed by Ranma 1/2. 

Only ugly part of the presentation for me:

If Nintendo ends up showing a Zombie game on Tuesday I will kill a puppy!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

There is a lot that can be gleaned from the Nintendo Direct. Unfortunately they tried to be too different with the presentation. The network integration is a light year a head of the Wii's from what we seen. It may almost be up to par with Live. (In some cases surpasses). And the great thing is it is FREE.

So we got :
Social Integration
Network
An actual WiiU controller for the other players that are not Wiimotes so COD's etc can be ported easily without worrying about the controllers for the other players.
Actual confirmation on Videochat
Social in game help.

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:
Only ugly part of the presentation for me:

If Nintendo ends up showing a Zombie game on Tuesday I will kill a puppy!

Well Ubisoft will probally show off Killer Freaks which is simular (but that's aliens) and the aliens look like yoshi so we can kill them...

One conference down. Three to go.

Heh.

Haha.

Hahahahahaha!

Smeags said:
OP has been updated with pics, news, and videos (you can find the Nintendo Direct recording in the "Watch it All Over Again" section.).

Also, dat Mario overworld.

dat motherfucking mario overworld

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
The button placement is different, there is a power button on the Pro controller(instead of holding down the Home button on the 360 controller), plus the controller is rechargeable(from what is seen in the photo).

The Move also has different button placement (argubly superior to the Wiimote's) and is also rechargeable. But it's a shameless ripoff right?

(I don't even own the Move and don't think I will and I don't own a 360, either. I'm merely stating the facts.)

Tatewaki75 said:
It really does look like a Xbox360 controller... Except for the fact that ABXY are in their PROPER places, and not inverted.

Seeing how the 360 controller is one of the best controllers out there (in my opinion of course), I see this as a good thing.

As long as we never get a Classic Controller ever again. That thing was terrible.