By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

Why cant' we have a 2.5D mario game? I'm tried of the primary color graphics. It wish it was more vibrant and lush. Sure the background seems more detailed but that's not nearly enough for me. Just look at how good Mario Galaxy looked in some of the darker levels lit by fire. It looked goregeous and with the new console we could have better lighting. The old art style is ok for the 3ds but come on this is a next gen system and they are still doing the game that could be still have been done on a wii. It's pathetic and just plain lazy but fanboys are gonna eat it up. I mean there's no difference between NSMBU and NSMB2 at all. I really don't think I can stomach more of it.

I want something like the SSBB 2.5D levels except more detailed and not as dull. They could easily do it they basically have all the character models from galaxy just update the textures and put them on a 2.5D plain. If anything It's only mildly more work then what they were doing. Maybe invent a new enemy or type of koopa.

Around the Network
pokeclaudel said:

I want something like the SSBB 2.5D levels except more detailed and not as dull. They could easily do it they basically have all the character models from galaxy just update the textures and put them on a 2.5D plain. If anything It's only mildly more work then what they were doing. Maybe invent a new enemy or type of koopa.

Introducing a new type of enemy that takes a little more strategy to kill wouldf be nice. The Koopa has to stay though, it's a staple.

I'm also sure NSMB is already considered a 2.5D game.

NintendoPie said:
pokeclaudel said:

I want something like the SSBB 2.5D levels except more detailed and not as dull. They could easily do it they basically have all the character models from galaxy just update the textures and put them on a 2.5D plane. If anything It's only mildly more work then what they were doing. Maybe invent a new enemy or type of koopa.

Introducing a new type of enemy that takes a little more strategy to kill wouldf be nice. The Koopa has to stay though, it's a staple.

I'm also sure NSMB is already considered a 2.5D game.

No it isn't a 2.5D game this is what a 2.5D game looks like. 

pokeclaudel said:

No it isn't a 2.5D game this is what a 2.5D game looks like. 

Wow! That looks really cool! If only Nintendo announced a MegaMan at E3 this year...

With some hours of sleep between my judgement and the conference I can now honestly say that it really wasn't all too bad. Yes, we didn't get to see a lot of games but what Nintendo showed were only the launch games. There's not a single 2013 release on their list and the way Reggie worded it I'm sure we'll have a Nintendo Direct some time before the Wii U launches. Get used to it: E3 is not about announcing games anymore. It's about showing off the games you already announced. It was the same for the Sony and Microsoft conferences.

The Wii U will launch with 2D Mario (which looks amazing! It's also everything Malstrom ever asked for yet he complains - Reggie even said "It is like all previous Mario games but better!" Come on! It's like the presentation of this game was aimed at Malstrom himself!) and Wii Fit U proves Nintendo didn't forget about the mass market.

The trifecta of Super Mario Bros., Wii Fit U and Just Dance 3 alone has a sales potential of 50 million units! That's the biggest launch line-up ever in the history of video gaming. And I'm sure Nintendoland (awful name!) will be a great game and sell at least ten million as well. They didn't show actual gameplay but from what we've seen from the show floor it's extremely fun. Here's hope it will be packaged with the console.

So yeah I'm happy about the launch games. Just stop going crazy because Nintendo didn't show games that will release 2 years into the future this time. Did you notice there was not a single 2013 third party game either? Yeah, they want to show that stuff in a Nintendo Direct. It's so obvious yet people keep going bonkers

Around the Network

WiiU graphics was not very impressive. Good graphics have never been important to me, but it was a bit disappointing to only see PS3/X360 kind of material. Games were ok, but not too many surprises.

Time's the conference today?

Carl2291 said:
Time's the conference today?

2am our time.

VGChartz

Dampfi said:

WiiU graphics was not very impressive. Good graphics have never been important to me, but it was a bit disappointing to only see PS3/X360 kind of material. Games were ok, but not too many surprises.

Really souln't expect more from the 1st generation software especially from 3rd parties. It takes time and man power to make a port look better and with the market the way it is right now, the extra money cannot really be blowen in such a fashion.

I will take one of your WiiU machines Mr. Reggie!! And a side order of Pikmin!