By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

noname2200 said:
milkyjoe said:
Not seen this anywhere else. Wii Virtual Console games will be transferable to the Wii U.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/06/nintendos-wii-u-gamepad-to-play-old-wii-games-company-says-at-e3/

You should make a new thread for this.

Edit: "ABC News has learned that there are no brightness controls for the touch screen Wii U GamePad controller, which might have been a good option for saving batteries. This is in line with how other Nintendo handhelds operate; the Nintendo 3DS offers no control over screen brightness."

Erm....

Err... ABC news obviously hasn't played with the 3DS.

Around the Network

My personal favorite: E3 2004 - Zelda. Looking back at it now, Twilight Princess was nowhere near as submersive LOL

RolStoppable said:
What a letdown. I thought this was an hour about games. I thought Nintendo would show games after how they let the Wii die.

The 3DS break in the middle (just its first party games) outdid the entire Wii U lineup. For shame.

I can't believe it, but I enjoyed the 30 minute presentation on Sunday WAY more than this! At least it gave concrete information, but this conference basically taught me nothing!

What's worse, not a single Nintendo game shown couldn't have been made for Wii with minimal compromises...

Year old 3rd Party ports certainly aren't going to sell a system, and with not even the slightest mention of future prospects for the console the final impression is that Wii U is unnecesary at best, and retarded at worst.

The most upsetting part is I don't know which is worse: Nintendo becoming incompetent, or dishonest... 

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

what is this conference about? the one starting in... 10 minutes???

Maynard_Tool said:

Which one? The software showcase one? It's at the same time you are mentioning, but tomorrow so at 6pm Pacific.

EDIT: Unless you mean the developer discussion that's tonight. I'm not 100% I have two different sources saying completely different things.

EDIT again: This might be a liveblog for it, but it hasn't updated in 20 minutes. LINK

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:
RolStoppable said:
What a letdown. I thought this was an hour about games. I thought Nintendo would show games after how they let the Wii die.

The 3DS break in the middle (just its first party games) outdid the entire Wii U lineup. For shame.

I can't believe it, but I enjoyed the 30 minute presentation on Sunday WAY more than this! At least it gave concrete information, but this conference basically taught me nothing!

What's worse, not a single Nintendo game shown couldn't have been made for Wii with minimal compromises...

Year old 3rd Party ports certainly aren't going to sell a system, and with not even the slightest mention of future prospects for the console the final impression is that Wii U is unnecesary at best, and retarded at worst.

The most upsetting part is I don't know which is worse: Nintendo becoming incompetent, or dishonest... 

To be fair, i think New Super Mario U + Wii fit U + Just Dance 4 (with the addition of others) are pretty good launch titles from a sales point of view.. actually they're quite spectacular imo! They did say they're only showing titles in the launch period, but the fact that nothing else was shown is disappointing (Zelda, Metroid, etc)

So what's the word on the developer roundtable tonight? Or now, I guess. Anyone liveblogging? There's no feed for it on the E3 Nintendo site.

Khuutra said:
So what's the word on the developer roundtable tonight? Or now, I guess. Anyone liveblogging? There's no feed for it on the E3 Nintendo site.

It might be behind closed-doors. 

How long until the roundtable and who will liveblog it?

Maynard_Tool said:

That's the developer roundtable. It won't be streamed, but the recording will be made available at 11:30 Best Time, and there's some liveblogging.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/30537