By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

Oh poo, I'm famous on Photobucket and now all my pictures are gone.

We still have the hype train though... we still have the hype train...

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Oh poo, I'm famous on Photobucket and now all my pictures are gone.

We still have the hype train though... we still have the hype train...

XD Looks like you have to go pro, Smeags. You can do it! You have all our support!

i need a ticket btw

noname2200 said:
When did they record me playing in my parents' basement? O_o

That's a bitchin' Diabolik poster you have on your wall.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

PUT ME ON THE HYPE Train!!

"Nintendo fan for life"

Around the Network
davestrrr said:
Walkthrublazer3 said:

I really enjoyed that Nintendo Direct Nintendo really delivered. I'm so excited for Tuesday I can't wait!

My favorite part by far was the 10 sec gameplay clip of the new Mario bros. game. Immediately upon seeing that I thought this looks like Super Mario World! I still remember the christmas in 92 that I got my SNES with Super Mario World as a pack in title. It's still to this day my favorite christmas present. Super Mario World gave me a my brother hours upon hours upon hours of fun. My brother and I still co-op the game at least once a year.

If New Super Mario World is in fact real and is a launch title I will literally cry! I would feel like a kid again picking up the Wii-U with a copy of NSMW.

I agree. However, I'm also hoping that the change the name to Super Mario Bros 4 as per these rumors  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxuaARdi0wU 

But it does seem to have all the key elements we want. Could it also be a pack-in title? That would be an epic win!

Yeah, for me I don't mind if it's called Super Mario Bros. 4 or World. I just want all the awesome elements from SMW to be in this game like being able to keep Yoshi after beating a level. Also looking forward to the squirrel suit

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

JGarret said:
With a system that´s more powerful than the 360 and PS3, I hope Nintendo makes a very, very beautiful 2D Mario game..I know a 2D game doesn´t really need a very powerful system, but if that 2D Mario that was in the presentation is indeed the one that´s in development, it didn´t look impressive at all, especially the foreground...yeah yeah, they don´t need to, 2D Mario sells huge, huge numbers without needing super rich 2D graphics, but it´d be really nice to see such a game get the treatment reserved for Mario Galaxy.

With the power under the hood of the Wii U, I want a 2D Mario that´s very rich graphically and in content, with an overworld like SMW.

Not sure what you would expect in graphics from a 2D Mario game. Personally, at least form the very brief clip we've seen so far, I think the game looks to be a step up from the previous NSMB. The backgrounds look pretty and actually look interesting, HUGE improvement on NSMB Wii there, and it seems like there are actual multiple layers this time around. Also, the overworld looks much more detailed. Odd that you say you want an overworld like SMW, because to me, that's exactly what the overworld of this game reminded me of. Anyway, the sample size we've seen so far is microscopic, so I'd say it's a little premature to pass judgement.

A series like this doesn't really demand high end graphics and super detailed environments, though to me at least, this game looks vistually more interesting anyway. It's not like the Wii couldn't handle better graphics for NSMB, it's just that it doesn't really need it. That said though, I do feel they could put some more effort into the music. Galaxy had these beautiful orchestration, while much of the music in NSMB sounds like something you'd hear on a Saturday morning cartoon for todlers.

Off Topic: Alright, everything is settled. I'm moving into a hotel with FREE WI-FI! Hopefully I'll be able to catch the show on time before hand! All day and night tomorrow is going to be nothing but packing and throwing out unwanted things(I'll still catch the other conferences during breaks or just read them later online). The next day is when we load all the stuff and move the hell out!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Why are people making such a big deal of the random zombie game? It's not an actual game, it was just an example to get the point of the video along/

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

By the way, I want people to know that the Wii U WILL support multiple accounts. During the Miiverse segment where Iwata is explaining who will appear in the "Mii Wara Wara", he said that your Mii, other people's Mii who have an account on your system, your friend's Mii, and people playing the same game will appear. I just wanted to address this for those who didn't know.

IGN's video. Skip to 0:42.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3