By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sorcery reviews

pezus said:
Runa216 said:
pezus said:
How can anyone defend the menu system in Skyrim? It's a big step backwards from Oblivion. I'm talking about the PC version here.

Well it was fantastic for consoles, and therein lies the problem.  Morrowind and Oblivion were designed for PC first and foremost, whereas skyrim was designed with consoles in mind.  No reason a mod can't fix that on PC, though, right? 

I personally found the menus obtrusive and barely tolerable in the PS3 version of Oblivion, whereas Skyrim's PS3 menu is awesome.  

I don't see it. The quick select is just horrible any way you slice it. No way to search for items. The fact that the items are just in a long, long list that takes forever to scroll through with a controller.

really?  I didn't have any of those problems!  finding an item never took more than a few seconds whether it's in quick select or in my inventory.  I mean, how hard can it be to find something in a category that's sorted alphabetically?  if you're looking for an ancient nord greatsword, then you know it's in the A-section of the Weapons category.  Hell, typing out "ancient nord greatsword" would be harder and take longer than the 2 seconds it takes to find it.  unless you have an inventory of 2000 items, I can't see this being a problem.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I'm slowly warming up to the game. Mixing potions is well done as are the simple gestures to manipulate the environment where possible. Aiming is a bit finicky however which can be annoying with lots of enemies on screen. It plays a lot like a shooter (in the beginning at least) and it's pretty difficult at times. I had to set the difficulty to casual at the ice troll, my arm couldn't take it anymore.

Pretty fun game so far, although the Unreal engine implementation looks a bit outdated and can't hold a steady frame rate. Not worth it to buy a move just for this game. Although from the recent crop of move only games (Datura, Pixeljunk 4am and this) Sorcery is the most accessible.

Another bunch of broken reviews, all the reviewers that bitching about the length of game must've forgot about the price of Sorcery which is almost Half of the full price games. >_>

getting anyway

I actually really enjoyed the game! Looking to play through it again soon! Great use of move finally!!

Around the Network

oo Sorcery, new game huh? *Checks first page*