By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Torchlight 2, my thoughts after playing the current beta, D3 who?

Tagged games:

This thing is a beast, unlike certain other recent release, you have the option to play over the internet, offline, or on lan, the story is good, the action is fast, at least faster than D3, and it will do 8 people multiplayer on release, those of you that want hardcore mode(1 life), it has that option too. The game will also be fully moddable and I prefer the gameplay over D3 so far and it's still in beta :O. Here is hoping it will be even more polished on release(it's already looking very polished!)

Around the Network

Screw the video look at those awesome pc specs o.O

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Screw the video look at those awesome pc specs o.O

Thanks to my MSI P55-GD65 MOSFET dying on me, I was able to get a new mobo and cpu lol (still don't know what I'ma do with the 860 CPU). Works pretty damn well, I can tell you that much. I'm not going to OC anymore though, that's how my MOSFET died after a year and half on top of MSI not having good track records on that particular section.

Anyways, Torchlight 2 is really awesome! You should care about the video!

Game looks good. Also no always on internet connection required to play. I have not played any of these diablo esque dungeon crawlers. Will give it a try for sure with a friend of two.

green_sky said:
Game looks good. Also no always on internet connection required to play. I have not played any of these diablo esque dungeon crawlers. Will give it a try for sure with a friend of two.

well, blizzard north is all I have to say when it comes to Runic games, Erich Schaefer is part of the reason Diablo existed at all.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Wtf those specs are extreme. Diablo's world just looks cooler to me than Torchlight's

Yeah, Diablo's world is evolving into more epicness since the cut scenes are super cool, but give T2 a try, it's so much improved over T1 and I like it better than D3 by far atm.

Can you actually play this one?

Mummelmann said:
Can you actually play this one?

well, if online matchmaking fails, there is always single player and lan, on realease anyways, they are testing online right now the the other 2 are disabled in beta, but online works at least haha.

Looks interesting but I might just wait for Grim Dawn, open world plus Titan Quest class mixing = winning!

Plus I have the surprisingly good Path of Exile an F2P Diablo like game that is currently in closed Beta.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

This one looks more like a D2 sequel than D3.