lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
Taking leap would mean getting rid of overpower and I like having a reliable heal on a 15 sec cooldown for long drawn-out fights. :/

Hmmm, personally, I think Revenge is a much more reliable self-heal than overpower, especially if you use the 30% chance activation rune. On mob fights it can be triggered almost constantly, and being in the mid of a pack can make you go from almost 0 health to full health in a single revenge (not to mention, revenge does 222% of weapon damage, which is more than Overpower as well).

I have that, too. I'm using both revenge and overpower :P.  Thing is, overpower is really nice when you are really low on hp, at which point you don't want to dive in and hope for revenge to go active. With overpower I can just go near an enemy and get some health back without getting hit.

I really haven't been low on Health with my Barb so far (currently on Hell), mostly because Revenge and the Health Globes keep me up constantly (I have a Health Globe heals for +1000, which makes tons of difference). Plus, the 1% total HP regen per second given by Inspiring Presence really regens my health quite fast (currently at 240 HP per second). 

Am in act 4 now and it's like hitting a brick wall now. Elite pack shows up and one-shots me -_-

On Hell? Well, i'm on Act II Hell now so I'll see when I get there, but I haven't had any issues with it on other classes. What are your current stats? 

I have about 4.3K armor and 25K HP on Act II (and 6.5K DPS wiht Battle Cry).

Got 3.8k armor, 22k hp and 4.6k dps and at least 95 to all resi. Essentially the same stats I had when I started Hell difficulty, since I haven't found jack shit for three acts :(

Well then, that's essentially your issue then. Are you level 60 yet? If so, you should go back to Act II or III and farm for items with full NV stacks, because it seems you really need better gear.

Yes, I am lvl 60 for a while now. Redid akt 2 and 3 a few times now to 'farm' gear, but no luck so far. I only get bad blues and useless yellows. Shows that the "make elites drop loot instead of bosses" strategy has completely backfired, since now absolutely nothing is dropping.

Around the Network
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
Taking leap would mean getting rid of overpower and I like having a reliable heal on a 15 sec cooldown for long drawn-out fights. :/

Hmmm, personally, I think Revenge is a much more reliable self-heal than overpower, especially if you use the 30% chance activation rune. On mob fights it can be triggered almost constantly, and being in the mid of a pack can make you go from almost 0 health to full health in a single revenge (not to mention, revenge does 222% of weapon damage, which is more than Overpower as well).

I have that, too. I'm using both revenge and overpower :P.  Thing is, overpower is really nice when you are really low on hp, at which point you don't want to dive in and hope for revenge to go active. With overpower I can just go near an enemy and get some health back without getting hit.

I really haven't been low on Health with my Barb so far (currently on Hell), mostly because Revenge and the Health Globes keep me up constantly (I have a Health Globe heals for +1000, which makes tons of difference). Plus, the 1% total HP regen per second given by Inspiring Presence really regens my health quite fast (currently at 240 HP per second). 

Am in act 4 now and it's like hitting a brick wall now. Elite pack shows up and one-shots me -_-

On Hell? Well, i'm on Act II Hell now so I'll see when I get there, but I haven't had any issues with it on other classes. What are your current stats? 

I have about 4.3K armor and 25K HP on Act II (and 6.5K DPS wiht Battle Cry).

Got 3.8k armor, 22k hp and 4.6k dps and at least 95 to all resi. Essentially the same stats I had when I started Hell difficulty, since I haven't found jack shit for three acts :(

Well then, that's essentially your issue then. Are you level 60 yet? If so, you should go back to Act II or III and farm for items with full NV stacks, because it seems you really need better gear.

Yes, I am lvl 60 for a while now. Redid akt 2 and 3 a few times now to 'farm' gear, but no luck so far. I only get bad blues and useless yellows. Shows that the "make elites drop loot instead of bosses" strategy has completely backfired, since now absolutely nothing is dropping.

Odd, I usually get tons of rares out of bosses when I have full NV stacks (plus some MF gear as well). I do Butcher runs on Inferno and he usually drops 5 to 6 yellows and 5 blues.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

At this point I should go to the AH, since no amount of game-time or developed skill will get me further, so I'm forced to go buy stuff. However, I think the AH is the most boring way to progress ever implemented in a game. I mean how would you rather get gear: by fighting a huge boss in an epic battle and collecting his booty, or by just going to the shops? It's so unsatisfying to simply buy your gear. For me, tha AH singlehandedly ruined the entire game -_-

Nevermore said:
At this point I should go to the AH, since no amount of game-time or developed skill will get me further, so I'm forced to go buy stuff. However, I think the AH is the most boring way to progress ever implemented in a game. I mean how would you rather get gear: by fighting a huge boss in an epic battle and collecting his booty, or by just going to the shops? It's so unsatisfying to simply buy your gear. For me, tha AH singlehandedly ruined the entire game -_-

The fact that you can buy things on the AH is not what bothers me, the fact that you have to in order to progress with the drop rates in this game is pretty sad. I'm mostly talking about those who want to have a crack at Inferno here.

I have well over 100 hours with my two characters and I've found only half a dozen really good items between the two of them over those hours but even those items were easily beat by a lot of the selection on the AH. The amount of hours one needs to spend with this game to get even decent loot is staggering.

Finally beat Belial on Inferno. Sweet jesus, that was ridiculous. A tonne of money spent on the AH and about 30-40 attempts with a variety of loadouts.

I have to agree with Mummelmann, the necessity of the AH ruins some of the fun. It'd take dozens and dozens more hours just to perhaps replace 1-2 pieces of gear.

Around the Network

Well, I for one have to be grateful that the shitty amount of drops for my DH and WD on Act II inferno amounted for me to have a rather decent Barbarian at Inferno Act I.

I've just tried it out with a couple of friends (a party of 3, which gives enemies 230% extra HP and 30% damage) and I managed to tank a couple of Elites myself (Arcane beams took out only 2K per hit).

My current stats are 10K armor (buffed), 450 resists (700 if buffed), 18K DPS (buffed) and 36K HP (I'm going to craft some higher quality gems now, going to bump it to 40K). Also, my current HP regen is at 600 HP per second, and coupled with Revenge at 30% activation, means a constant influx of self healing. I'm really excited about the Barb now .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Mummelmann said:
Nevermore said:

The fact that you can buy things on the AH is not what bothers me, the fact that you have to in order to progress with the drop rates in this game is pretty sad. I'm mostly talking about those who want to have a crack at Inferno here.

I have well over 100 hours with my two characters and I've found only half a dozen really good items between the two of them over those hours but even those items were easily beat by a lot of the selection on the AH. The amount of hours one needs to spend with this game to get even decent loot is staggering.

Nicely said. For people who don't want to use the AH, the game just suddenly stops.

Now I'm doing Azmodan runs in a desparate attempt to get gear, but I'm forced to revert back to my roflstomp-build: using both Call of the Ancients and Wrath of the Berserker to overrun the elite packs and wait for the cd's before I tackle the next one ;)

Well I spent most of the afternoon farming Act 2 inferno with my wiz yesterday and after a string of bad lucks I got some decent drops in my last run.
Got a 762 dps 1h axe with str and vit that will go to my barb ( he is in Act 2 hell right now) and got some nice gloves upgrade for my wiz ( 109 int, 42 resist all, 15 IAS, +3% crit). Sadly they are only lvl 59 or I could have rolled much higher crit chance...

4K more dps or so and I can try to farm Act 3 again. ( I am at 27.5k hp, 6500 armor, 26k dps and ~600 resists right now I can kill stuff there but it takes too long and I can not keep NV stacks yet as I have to skip too many elites).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

My tank barb build is currently a very good one. At 700 resists and 9.5K armor (buffed with War Cry and Immunity), 15K DPS (with Berserker's Rage passive), 3 attacks per second at max frenzy (with Sidearm rune for boss killing and crowd control) and 51K HP, I can tank Act II nicely with my skill setup.

Still, I'm gunning at least for 60K HP and 1000 resists before really tackling Act III, and a more decent 1H (so I can hit at least the 30K DPS mark).

Current PC Build

I got my barb to 60 just so that he could wear the stuff I had found for him ( to clear my stash) but honestly I'm not really excited about playing him in Inferno yet. It's not really that I am afraid of the difficulty( he's already at 550 resists and I just killed Hell Diablo), it's just that I like my wizard better and I think I will go back to her in the next days...
I have decided to stop using the AH too, I will still sell stuff I find but I'm not buying anything there anymore except recipes ( not that I spent much, I spent like 1.5 mill total on the Wiz and nothing on the barb ( he wears the gear the wiz found).
The extra cash I have will go into crafting...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !