By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Democrats Quiet Down Down on War as Conditions in Iraq Improve

I'm so often very confused with "Liberal" bias, and hell, I come from a country with a "Liberal" party that is somehow more corrupt than the traditionally considered corrupt Conservative party (Oh Canada!). The word liberal itself means open to new ideas, so they have a bias towards... new ideas. Oh, gotcha. Okay. That's awful.

Also, good, less deaths! Albeit, looking at that graph, I wouldn't want to say such things as "Constantly decreasing" (Cept for 2 months out of 7). Hell, even at the beginning there were comparable, or less average deaths per that 7 month period. Just saying, it's good that deaths are going down, but the pessimist in me says that someone is going to trumpet this like the Walls of Jericho are falling down and everything is beautiful now. Erm, huh.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

Hey look, less U.S. soldiers have been killed this month in our chaotic illegal and immoral quagmire! Mission accomplished!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Grey Acumen said:
This is a good point, I wonder how these figures would compare to veitnam or any other war we've been in. Or even those places where troops were stationed during Clinton's term.

I also wonder how much faster these rates would have fallen if we would have had media supporting the troops properly from teh very beginning, instead of putting out so much crap that the other side thought they were winning.

That is a very good question... but I doubt there can ever be an actual answer.

stof said:
Hey look, less U.S. soldiers have been killed this month in our chaotic illegal and immoral quagmire! Mission accomplished!

Oh no, call the U.N.! Naughty U.S. has commited a crime! Naughty meanies!(I am not insulting you, just that opinion you hold... I am always way too sarcastic, and I couldn't resist!)

Plus... the actual mission accomplished was the overthrowing of Hussein(Typo?). The military and politicians just overlooked the importance of sem-organized military cells. The Iraqi military was worthless, but the individual Islamic cells are not. Put the people in a state of fear to demoralize their beliefe in the occupying forces, an slowly strike at the morale of the occupying country. THat tactic is very hard to counter-measure when your own media sides with what the enemy wishes to accomplish.

This war isn't military versus military, it is and Ideal versus Ideal. No TRUE victory can be acheived unless one of the Ideals give in.

Anyway... I seriousluy need to get out of this thread... I can see the flaming already!... Grrggh... cannot... resist...

@Rath

You misunderstood the feelings those words give me, not the actual literal idea the sentence has. But that is what happens with archaic English. I am not sure how to explain what I actually think... so I won't try.

I hope they find those weapons of mass destruction soon, I am getting worried.

Around the Network

If it lasts once the troops leave then you'd be right, but it won't, second the troops leave it'll start up again

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

The point of the topic is that the Democrats have stopped talking about the war indicating the no longer want people to notice the fact that things aren't going in the Democrats favor anymore (because they want us to lose since a Republican started it) not that the number of deaths in Iraq have gone down.

PC Gamer

Politics is about public opinion, not what is right.

That is what happens when a nation forgets the morality the were founded on.

Alright... I'm seriously getting off now. Got to go make dinner, anyway...

Ickalanda said:
The point of the topic is that the Democrats have stopped talking about the war indicating the no longer want people to notice the fact that things aren't going in the Democrats favor anymore (because they want us to lose since a Republican started it) not that the number of deaths in Iraq have gone down.

Nah, its beacuse the economy is a bigger issue, thanks to Bush and the GOP

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Ickalanda said:

Nah, its beacuse the economy is a bigger issue, thanks to Bush and the GOP

We aren't in another recession (housing market != all markets), even though some media outlets would like to spin things that way. They do this because there is currently a republican in the oval office - Did you notice how the very day Bush took office was the day the word 'recession' started getting thrown around? If Obama (or *gulp*...Hillary) wins this year and the economy actually does take a nosedive later on, they'll be very careful to call it a 'downturn' or something less "ominous" instead.