By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Newcomer's Introduction Thread"- What brought you here?

Hola!

Been lurking the site for a few years now. Figured I might as well make an account finally. I've been gaming since I was very young (3 or 4) and haven't ever really stopped. I play on just about everything I can get my hands on, though I do hold a soft spot for Sega, Sony, and Nintendo. Right now, most of my gaming time is taken up by my Vita and 3DS but I still make time for my PS3, Wii U and occasionally dust off the ol' Dreamcast.

Later.

IMP

Around the Network

Hey everyone,

Been lurking since Fire Emblem Awakening came out in the states and I wanted to know how it was doing in sales. Looked up video game sales and found this site, and as a guy who likes to analyze trivial things, I soon found myself addicted. The forums were interesting but I figured I'd lurk a bit to get to know the community somewhat before I joined. Been tempted many times to join over the months, but only finally did today. It was about time, really, considering the amount of time I spent as a guest in the forums. As you might guess, I'm into Nintendo, particularly Zelda, but I appreciate good games wherever I find them.

Hi, I´m tpjp and I´ve been a lurker for quite some time. I decided to join because this website/forum is a great source for news regarding video game consoles as well as keeping up with worldwide sales, something that caught my interest ever since I knew this website (about 3 months ago). I mostly play on my PS2, original Xbox, Vita and PC. Currently I´m playing more on my Vita, which I´ve been loving it since I bought it.

Hello, I've been lurking this site for a long time. I love keeping track of worldwide sales and also analyzing the legs of games. The game that led me here was Grand Theft Auto V and I kept coming back here time and time again to see just how high it can go. I normally try to be as multiplatform as possible, but as of right now, Playstation is my preferred my console brand. I own a PS3, PS2, PS1, PSP, PSV, DS, Wii, NES, N64, DC, and the original Xbox. I once had a 360 but it broke down on me. I plan on getting a PS4 and 3DS in the near future. If I have the cash, I might get the Xbox One.

I am free, I am free, it's the sound of peace.

Hi. I've been lurking this site for a while now and have finally decided to join. Over the last couple of years, I've become very interested in sales data and the video game industry in general. I'm a Sony/Nintendo gamer and I really like traditional RPGs and platformers. I own a PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, and 3DS. I plan to get A PS4 next year.

Around the Network

I posted in a few other threads before finding this.
I had been lurking around on the site for a month or so before I joined yesterday. Had been looking around for some nice community forums to join.

Call me Lexus or Alex, I currently live in Scotland, United Kingdom, but wish to move to Norway. I love video games, my dogs and I am an event, portrait and pet photographer. Other things I do in my spare time are spent on World of Warcraft, blogging, writing, watching anime and now a little time will be dedicated to this forum. :P

I am more of a PC gamer these days. I've been playing more indie/beta games than anything. But I have quite a few consoles and thousands of games:
PS1, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Dreamcast, Original xbox, xbox 360, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DSi, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and PSP.
My favorite games include:
Fallout 3, World of Warcraft, Minecraft, Half Life 2 & episodes, Assassin's Creed series, The Sims 2/3 & expansions, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2 etc.

-- Lexus ♠

Hi to all.

I'm a newcomer. Well, sorta. I've been a guest on this site since 2010. I've been coming here to check out the weekly sales and debates amongst the members here. I've laughed quite a number of times at what I've read on here. Good stuff.

As my name suggests. I'm a PlayStation gamer. PlayStation to me embodies EVERYTHING great about gaming. Unique, immersive single player experiences. Outstanding value for money (PS PLUS please stand up and take your place in the limelight) and the VERY BEST games of the year.

I do respect fans of other platforms. I've joined because I want to share my knowledge and passion of gaming to the members on here.

Thank you for having me as a member and let's game on! : )

What's up charterz?! I've been a lurker for quite a long time, probably 2 years or so. This is pretty much the only gaming website I go to anymore, and is where I get most of my VIDEOGAME based news. I'm from the US, west coast. I play all types of games, on all platforms. I have or have had: NES, snes, n64, GameCube, wii, wiiu, game boy, advance, ds, 3ds, genesis, sega cd, 32x, Saturn, dreamcast, turbografx16, atari2600, lynx, ps1-2-3-4, vita, Xbox, and the 360... I think that's all of them... And hundreds of games between them all.

I like watching football(niners fan), I enjoy camping at sand dunes with my wife and 2 daughters, and I enjoy riding my can am ds650 at the dunes.

I am respectful of people and their opinions, but when people push me, I will no doubt push back. I am blunt, and to the point, and if someone attempts to judge me, I will put them in their place. I will respect you as long as I am showed the same.

I speak English and Portuguese, I was born in America, but am of Portuguese heritage. Well, that about covers it! Any one has a question, ask away!

My name is Dr. Henry Killinger and zis is my Magic Murderbag.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
My name is Dr. Henry Killinger and zis is my Magic Murderbag.

Welcome, Dr. Killinger!