By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: NSMB2 will outsell the top 10 PSV games shown off at E3 2012 combined

Will this prediction become true?

Yes, definitely. 244 53.39%

Probably. 103 22.54%

Maybe. Maybe not. 42 9.19%

Unlikely. 33 7.22%

Impossible. 35 7.66%

Total:457

Top 10 without even knowing if one of those games will be a Monster Hunter game is really ballsy. Really, that's the only game I could see coming out that has any chance of breaking this prediction. Sony simply doesn't make a game like SMB that can propel a console to greatness and its going to take the combined effort of MANY 3rd party titles to do so. However, 3rd parties will simply take their home console games and make them on PSV so you can 'take the game with you'. Not a compelling reason to buy a handheld if you ask me.

I mean if in these first 5 months it can't even break 2m in sales... Jesus that's horrible. Its not like there isn't' at least a couple decent games for the system.

Overall, I think you have a safe bet here. PSV is about $100 too expensive and needs to be a smartphone.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Top 10 without even knowing if one of those games will be a Monster Hunter game is really ballsy. Really, that's the only game I could see coming out that has any chance of breaking this prediction. Sony simply doesn't make a game like SMB that can propel a console to greatness and its going to take the combined effort of MANY 3rd party titles to do so. However, 3rd parties will simply take their home console games and make them on PSV so you can 'take the game with you'. Not a compelling reason to buy a handheld if you ask me.

I mean if in these first 5 months it can't even break 2m in sales... Jesus that's horrible. Its not like there isn't' at least a couple decent games for the system.

Overall, I think you have a safe bet here. PSV is about $100 too expensive and needs to be a smartphone.

hahahaha!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Mario 3D Land will outsell NSMB2, wait and see......

BackAgain said:

Wait, whaaaat?!

I would like to say unlikely but current sales are not great but hopefully Vita can pull a 3DS out of somewhere as I love the system at the moment.

If Soul Sacrifice can be crafted into the next Monster Hunter then I say it has some what of a chance with 9 others.

Don't think we will ever know for sure though as others have stated, digital sales will not be tracked/released.

Around the Network

I even think Just Dance 4 has a shot a that..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

BackAgain said:

Rol bait

NSMB2 is releasing in August right? What games does Vita have coming out in the near future up until August? Anything worth noting? Because by the time this game releases, assuming the quality is there, who knows what Vita's predicament will be by then. It's already selling below par.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
NSMB2 is releasing in August right? What games does Vita have coming out in the near future up until August? Anything worth noting? Because by the time this game releases, assuming the quality is there, who knows what Vita's predicament will be by then. It's already selling below par.

Resistance Burning Skies

Gravity Rush

They are the only notable releases before August I believe could be wrong though

Lets all come back here right after e3 and discuss whether or not Sonys top 10 actually has a chance :D