By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What platform do you currently game on most?

What platform are you currently gaming on most?

3DS or DS (Portable Nintendo) 32 14.95%

Mobiles and Tablets (incl... 1 0.47%

PC 39 18.22%

PSV or PSP (Portable Sony) 7 3.27%

PS3 84 39.25%

Wii 18 8.41%

Xbox 360 33 15.42%

Total:214
arthurchan35 said:
Portable Nintendo........XD

No other platforms at all? Not even phone gaming? Have you, at least, tried the other platforms?

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
Easily PS3. Followed by the Vita and then PC. PC might take the lead this month since I've ordered my first Strategy game, Civ V, which I'll get tomorrow. I also have a Wii but it's technically dead since Skyward Sword.

Yeah, I can see the whole 'Wii is dead' thing. It's a bit sad, but given I gave up on it last year, I can't say I'm all that sad. I played the games I wanted to play, and I moved on.

Good luck with Civ V. I've still not got around to buying it. I really should...

Easily the 360. There have been times when the 360 gathered dust while I was deeply into a PS3/Wii game but, for the most part, the 360 has been home to probably 80% of my 7th gen gaming.

Currently, the only thing I've been playing has been Xenoblade. I just love the battle system.  3DS has been getting a TON of attention, too.  Can't get enough of the eShop titles.

Right now the 3DS. If you told me this a few months ago, I would have told you that you were insane. There's some good games on that system.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

PC, I'm addicted to dota 2. :(

Sometimes I play the PS3, but my xbox, wii and psp are gathering dust.

Around the Network

Andrespetmonkey said:

Nah, my brother has an Ipod touch and I play the odd game on it every now and then, but it's really just a couple minutes at a time. If there's any game that I wanna spend more time with it's usually available on PC for free as a flash game. When Game Dev Story 2 comes out it'll get some some real gaming time.

Yeah, I'll be the same. I played Game Dev Story for far too long (an example of mobile gaming creeping up on me by surprise). When Game Dev Story 2 comes out, I will play it. A lot.

I also play a fair bit of free Flash games (one of the reasons PC gaming unexpectedly hit the top of my list).

d21lewis said:

Easily the 360. There have been times when the 360 gathered dust while I was deeply into a PS3/Wii game but, for the most part, the 360 has been home to probably 80% of my 7th gen gaming.

Currently, the only thing I've been playing has been Xenoblade. I just love the battle system.  3DS has been getting a TON of attention, too.  Can't get enough of the eShop titles.

Yeah, I'm exactly the same with PS3 on this side. It has easily taken up at least 80% of this generation's gaming, and I still play it a fair bit.

That said, these last few mnonths I would be lying if I said it was my primary gaming device. It's certainly my family's primary device (indeed, my wife and youngest are currently playing Undergarden on it just now), and is used for Blu-Rays, TV services, and so on, but it is used (by me) less to play games on than my PC these days. Or, indeed, my phone+tablet. That still stuns me a little.

amp316 said:
Right now the 3DS. If you told me this a few months ago, I would have told you that you were insane. There's some good games on that system.

That's exactly why I thought it worthwhile asking the question again (as it's been asked here many times before in one fashion or another), as we have the first steps into the next gen, and we have a new contender in the mix (mobiles and tablets) that has made extraordinary advances, though many seem to miss it.

Has the 3DS completely taken over, or are you still gaming on other platforms as well?

Check out my (almost) 100% accurate collection, yo!  I'm proud of it!! 

Hapimeses said:
RedInker said:
Wii gets most of my time closely followed by the Xbox 360. The 3ds gets a bit of my time but I dont have many games for it at the moment. Ive also played on the SNES this gen. I know its not a current gen console but 16 bit gaming was the peak of gaming imo.

Is there any reason the Wii pips the 360? Given your other platforms, I'm guessing it's the games, but you never know.

Also, do you have an HDTV? I've found that often skews many people away from the Wii, as it looks pretty poor on a high quality set in comparison to a PC or HD console. Then again, given you prefer 16-bit gaming, that could very well be quite beneath your notice. :D

The Wii pips the Xbox because of the games I have for it and I like the motion controls on most of the games, some do it well others not so well. More recntly though I have been spending more time on the Xbox.

I don't have an HDTV yet so my Wii doesn't look that horrific in standard definition lol