By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What platform do you currently game on most?

What platform are you currently gaming on most?

3DS or DS (Portable Nintendo) 32 14.95%

Mobiles and Tablets (incl... 1 0.47%

PC 39 18.22%

PSV or PSP (Portable Sony) 7 3.27%

PS3 84 39.25%

Wii 18 8.41%

Xbox 360 33 15.42%

Total:214

As this generation comes to an end, most of us have managed to work through several of the gaming platforms available and have settled on the machines we enjoy playing on most. Perhaps it's convenience that drives us, or a preferred controller, or a specific console feature, or an expanded circle of friends, or the games available, or simple bias, but whever it is, we know what we like, and most of us are happy to shout about it, gaming geeks that we are.

So, how about you? What platform are you currently playing on most? Go on, tell us all, and tell us why; but, before you do--

STOP!

Think before you reply here; don't just click your console of choice. If you are gaming on a mobile phone most of the day, and coming home to an irregular hour or two on your home console, then mobile phone gaming is your platform (and is increasingly growing to be the platform of choice for many). Try to think of your actual gaming habits before replying.

Thanks in advance.

Around the Network

X360, no stopping was required.

For me, I currently I play games most on PS3, PC, 360, iPad, and iPhone, with iOS, and PC probably taking up most of my gaming time.

This surprises me when I think about it (hence the poll).

The PS3 used to be my go-to platform, but recently the broad array of games on PC, and their relative cheapness (thank you, Steam), has brought me repeatedly to my laptop, and the convenience of iOS gaming has meant I've played on my mobile devices far more than I used to, especially online games. Indeed, I probably play on my mobile devices more than all my consoles combined, which is crazy, as the majority of the games are crap.

So, how about all of you?

Wii gets most of my time closely followed by the Xbox 360. The 3ds gets a bit of my time but I dont have many games for it at the moment. Ive also played on the SNES this gen. I know its not a current gen console but 16 bit gaming was the peak of gaming imo.

3DS almost exclusively.
DS will get some Pokémon love later this year.
PSP nothing in the horizon for me.

Other than 3DS, I only play some little PC games and my neighbor's 360 - Kinect games are fun and Super Meat Boy is insane!

Around the Network

PC, nothing else for quite some time.
Its cheap, simple, has an insane game library, better tech, controls and full customization plus mods to boot.

Millenium said:
X360, no stopping was required.

Yeah, for some answering this will be very easy. It will be 360, PS3, Wii, or whatever, as they spend almost all of their gaming on one machine. But, I do wonder how many of us have changed our preferences during the course of the generation.

I once gamed primarily on PS3. Online was free, the exclusives were broad and matched my tastes, and the machine was a quality piece of kit. However, I use it far less these days than I used to (for all it is probably my favourite home console), and that's because I just get so much more for my money on PC than I do on PS3 or 360, gaming-wise.

Further, I game on mobile devices a lot. Indeed, most people do, and I think a great deal more people have that as a primary gaming platform than freely admit it or realise it. Sure, this Discussion Board is probably full of dedicated gamers with strong preferences for one platform or another, but I think even some of us have probably been drawn away from the platforms that once dominated our lives. Mobile gaming is becoming quite the platform these days. It's almost my most used platform, in fact, which is kinda crazy.

RedInker said:
Wii gets most of my time closely followed by the Xbox 360. The 3ds gets a bit of my time but I dont have many games for it at the moment. Ive also played on the SNES this gen. I know its not a current gen console but 16 bit gaming was the peak of gaming imo.

Is there any reason the Wii pips the 360? Given your other platforms, I'm guessing it's the games, but you never know.

Also, do you have an HDTV? I've found that often skews many people away from the Wii, as it looks pretty poor on a high quality set in comparison to a PC or HD console. Then again, given you prefer 16-bit gaming, that could very well be quite beneath your notice. :D

PS3 at the moment, but it'll be PC for a while when my new one arrives, I'll be playing Civilization all day and all night and they'll be plenty cheap steam indies to keep me busy all summer. Then it'll be out of PSV and PS3 this winter.

VicViper said:
3DS almost exclusively.
DS will get some Pokémon love later this year.
PSP nothing in the horizon for me.

Other than 3DS, I only play some little PC games and my neighbor's 360 - Kinect games are fun and Super Meat Boy is insane!

So, primarily a portable man. Have you tried the PSV yet? I've not bought one yet, but for everyone I know that has one, it's taken over as their favourite portable. I find that a little crazy, as I tried it, but don't quite understand the draw. Are you in the same position? Or are you just waiting for more games?