By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ... And so i gave Skyward Sword a second try, but...

Mr Khan said:
BasilZero said:
I just defeated the boss for the Water dragon's sacred flame dungeon, its really epic!

You really should try it out again if you havent (didnt bother reading the last several pages).

Koloktos was head-and-shoulders the most fun boss of that game, and i would argue one of the best bosses of 3D Zelda history.

It was my 2nd favorite, earth dungeon boss was more enjoyable. (didn't like any of the other ones)
It was still a frustrating fight since it took me a while to figure out that you can pick up the giant swords. You can do pretty much all but break the cage protecting his heart in stage 2 or 3. I ended up in a neverending loop trying out different things. Getting low on health and enjoying the cacophony of warning sounds while struggling with the camera to pick up hearts after getting him to hit pillars.
The boss looked cool, execution was poor.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
I can only speak for myself, but I absolutely loved Skyward Sword. I think that the presentation is behind the curve in some respects, but the gameplay is far above the curve in many respects. The level design in Skyward Sword is simply head and shoulders above anything else coming out on consoles these days. Play through some of Skyrim's dungeons, some of Arkham City's environments, and then play some through Skyward's dungeons. Zelda's level design puts most other games to shame (of course, I'm not saying that those games don't have other advantages). I thought the motion controls were incredible, and the score was superb.

Strange as it may seem, I also really enjoyed the story. It may not be the deepest experience out there, but it's simplicity and sincerity is a welcome change compared to other games out there.

It seems to me that people just weren't prepared to judge this game based on it's own merits. Some people wanted a super hardcore game that didn't cater at all to newcomers like Dark Souls. Others wanted a game with top notch production values and the cinematic quality of Uncharted. Others wanted a crazy in depth roleplaying experience like Skyrim, and many people wanted the vast overworlds of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I don't think all that many people came into Skyward Sword with a completely open mind, which is contributing to their disappointment.

Love this post. I actually want the large overworlds, but I'm really open about everything else. I said earlier that I've just gotten into the second dungeon, and won't be able to continue playing till the holidays but I'm looking forward to beating the game, whether or not Fi states the obvious when my hearts are low!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

kepto, i think they actually had some pretty good puzzles in this game while still not turning away casuals by having the hint stone. Arius, although i found the action level to be a little light, i didn't find the difference drastically different to past zeldas (except for maybe the 1st 2). Now if you're comparing it to something like gears of war, or even skyrim... i'd say yeah, you're not going to find the same level of action. Svenoj, I hope you see that the fact that you had trouble figuring out the koloktos boss is a good kind of the struggle and a nice break from some of the hand-holding the game (and too many games imo) gives you. However the array of annoyance (beeps, "master master") does need to go.