By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale will outsell Smash Bros

Gilgamesh, I don't believe for one second that you believe what you posted in the OP. You're just trying to create another epic thread.

Around the Network

It looks more like a traditional fighter to me, so it will sell like one of those which had a popular character list. MvC3 sold 2m across two platforms, this is PS only so I think 1.5m is reasonable. If they screw it up as a competitive game (that could be played at EVO) it'll sell even less. If it's screwed up as a GAME (and those hybrid stages look stupid), it won't reach 1m.

Sony's roster isn't going to be as appealing as MvC.

This won't appeal to the less competitive fighter players that enjoy Smash Bros, and there's less of that audience on the PS3 anyway.

d21lewis said:
Gilgamesh, I don't believe for one second that you believe what you posted in the OP. You're just trying to create another epic thread.

You must have faith Lewis! You see the potential, no?

Gilgamesh said:
d21lewis said:

You must have faith Lewis! You see the potential, no?

If anything, this game is going to make sales of Super Smash Bros. Brawl explode again and make more people buy the Wii.  Think about it.  Sony fans will get a taste of the mascot fighting scene.  Then, they're going to want some more.  Are they going to wait for Sony to make a sequel?  NO.  They are going to buy Nintendo's ready to play games, obviously.

If this new Sony game even hits a million I will be surprised.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
No. This game will be mishandled by sony and the dev very badly and barely scrape past 1 million.

what i also think

oh god, i would be ecstatic to see it sell 5M which is probably the absolute upper limit it could possibly do.

so far absolutely no one outside of informed gamers knows about this game.

it really depends how it's advertised. i highly doubt even with superb advertising the game could outsell smash bros.

my guestimated ltd is around 4 million

You know who's really going to play the fuck outta this game?  Michael.

FOR MICHAEL!!

I don't think it'll reach SSB sales unless there's a bundle, then maybe... with really good marketing, critical acclaim, and some luck.  Definitely won't reach Melee or Brawl unless it's bundled with every single PS3 sold thereafter.