By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do people buy multiple identical consoles?

Well, I lost my first DS in a Manhattan taxi. So I've just got one, but I'm on my second.

Other than that, just the two SNESs, the first one I got when I was 7, and the second one I bought for my sister when I moved out so that she could play the games without having to break mine. (she's already rendered my N64 to near non-use)

Oh, and my roommate's PS2's disk tray just stopped opening, so he had to get a new one, but he ended up getting one of the slim ones, so technically it's not an *identical* console. He uses the old PS2 as a stand for the new one.

Around the Network

I never owned more than one apart from these fu...ing PlayStations, but only because they crashed. I think from the 115 million PS2 shipped, 15M are in stores and 50M are in the bin.

Kwaad said:
z64dan said:
Shane said:
and Nintendo has historically released a new model every 28 days. I've bought 2-3 Gameboys myself.

That was the original premise for the movie "28 Days Later." After buying a gameboy color, 28 days later he had to upgrade to a GBA. Then he had to upgrade to an Afterburner light kit. Then he had to buy a GBA SP. Then a Nintendo DS. Then a DS Lite. *shivers*

This is why I have turned agianst nintendo. The Wii is just starting it for the home consoles.

Well that is a huge generalisation, "I don't like nintendo cause they release to much for me to buy, wah wah!"
You say it is starting it for the home consoles look at past playstations each edition had slimlines that were technologically identical with the only difference in size. For that reason you should hate sony in fact how about all the different colours of the PS2 you should hate all of those aswell to by your logic,  ooo i know what about the differences between the PS1 PS2 and PS3 well they are all games consoles and are therefore similar, do you hate them to?? I am yet to see a post where you do not attack Nintendo with no real reasoning behind your pathetic views
Stupid fanboy. Zich heil fuhrer Kwaad!

Hus said:
Munkeh said:
I only got new PS2's when my old one's broke

dude.

you rent a PS2 from blockbuster and switch the insides.

wow, that's probably why they stopped renting them.  can you still rent consoles? 

I knew a guy who had 2 XBoxes for lan games; he picked up 2 projectors for next to nothing from a company that was upgrading. I've known people who owned modded and unmodded systems and I've known one person who had his own PS2 and a PS2 for his kids in the basement.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:

This is why I have turned agianst nintendo. The Wii is just starting it for the home consoles 

Well, I hope not, but you do have a point with GBA.  The lack of a backlight was really unforgiveable for the system when it launched.  I just hope we don't see Wii SP and the like featuring corrections to obvious design flaws like the lack of a rechargeable battery in the Wiimote.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

You can buy 3rd-party rechargeable battery packs with charging kits for the Wiimotes.

Nintendo hasn't made redesigned consoles as far as I'm aware, certainly not in the way 360 is doing with the Elite or even how PS2 did with its slim model.  They've just had a million handhelds as the technology got better.  Most is maybe different colors with the GC and probably soon different Wii colors.

Hus said:
Munkeh said:

dude.

now we know more about hus

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Hus said:
Munkeh said:

dude.

Ha Ha, that is funny, wait a minute......Thats a good ide lol