By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do people buy multiple identical consoles?

I don't really understand why some people seem to have 3, 4 units of the same console, say PS2.

Is it because they break and you need to replace it every 1-2 years?

I know some people would buy a new one when there's a "limited release" bundled with a game.   But those have got to be in the minority, right?

How many of us have multiple identical consoles?  I'm wondering...

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

spioled brats wont share, so mommy buys 3 console for each little brat. 

The only console I ever got more than one of was the Saturn, since the first one broke. Where you're more likely to find something like this happening is in the portable industry, since they're so cheap, and Nintendo has historically released a new model every 28 days. I've bought 2-3 Gameboys myself.

Shane said:
 and Nintendo has historically released a new model every 28 days. I've bought 2-3 Gameboys myself.

That was the original premise for the movie "28 Days Later." After buying a gameboy color, 28 days later he had to upgrade to a GBA. Then he had to upgrade to an Afterburner light kit. Then he had to buy a GBA SP. Then a Nintendo DS. Then a DS Lite. *shivers*

I got 2 DS... other than that, never owned more than 1. And 1 of those is really my wifes... so that dont really count does it? (I've yet to loose a console... Never had one break on me... never) Lost 3 HDD and a IDE bus. But other than that, never lost a computer to 'age' either. (Got struck by lighting once a few years ago, but cant blame the computer for that)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
z64dan said:
Shane said:
and Nintendo has historically released a new model every 28 days. I've bought 2-3 Gameboys myself.

That was the original premise for the movie "28 Days Later." After buying a gameboy color, 28 days later he had to upgrade to a GBA. Then he had to upgrade to an Afterburner light kit. Then he had to buy a GBA SP. Then a Nintendo DS. Then a DS Lite. *shivers*

This is why I have turned agianst nintendo. The Wii is just starting it for the home consoles.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I only got new PS2's when my old one's broke

add me

z64dan said:
Shane said:

kinda like the iPod too.

that lineage is even longer... 

the Wii is an epidemic.

Munkeh said:
I only got new PS2's when my old one's broke

dude.

you rent a PS2 from blockbuster and switch the insides.

The PSP is gonna be the first time I Buy the same system twice when the new model comes out., I never had the original DS went straight ot the lite.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!