By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U toy functionality leaked in Rayman Legends trailer!

Galaki said:
wfz said:
Carl2291 said:
So guys.

Pokemon.

Fucking. Nintendo.

Where am i going to put all the figurines. :(

Well, you could always bury those lego pieces in the backyard.

Hell no, I love my legos. I'll just bury my sister in the backyard and use her room as space for my stuff.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
o_O.Q said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Yes its a gimmick, that is until Sony and MS decide to copy it all. Then it will be innovative, and hard core.You know, kinda like when the Sony boys said Wii was a gimmick....until Sony copied it. There really should be a skill testing question to join vgchartz.
By the way....."gimmick" is the most uneducated word that you can use.
Lets see here,
1) Tablets approx =73 million sales 2011
2) Consoles =225 million sales current gen.
3) Tablet+Console=gimmick?

Haters can call it all they want, I sure as hell will be buying it and loving it. No need to be jealous bro!

"Yes its a gimmick, that is until Sony and MS decide to copy it all"

sony and microsoft have already had devices that use nfc for awhile like cellphones

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBQObP5X570

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbnspYCbH_w

Hmmm can you please point me to the part where there is a tablet video controller inputting real world figures into a video game? Because I didn't see it? 

I find it funny you refer to NFC, which was invented 8 years ago....ya I'll be so choked if Sony and MS use that!

Also plastic, I really hope sony/ms dont use plastic next generation.

And batteries, I hope sony/ms dont use batteries in their new controllers.

And controllers, I really hope sony/ms do not use controllers next generation.

Who gives a shit if they use NFC? It's what they use it for. Scanning an object into a video game is starting to be called a gimmick because Nintendoes, what i am saying is once Sony/MS do that it will be innovative.

"I find it funny you refer to NFC"

i refer to nfc because that is the means of transferring data shown in the video...

my only point was that all three companies are making use of the technology not just nintendo as you seem to believe

"what i am saying is once Sony/MS do that it will be innovative."

funny how you make that point because generally i've only ever seen nintendo fans make claims about innovation and creativity 

Obviously I threw a fastball right by your chin, so I will slow it down for you.

1) Obviously I am not talking about NFC in general. What I am saying is because Nintendo is using a tablet controller, and this tablet controller zaps real world items into a video game (No idea how the fuck that works) some people here and on the interwebz are alreading yelling "gimmick" when either Microsoft or Sony copy this, it will then clearly NOT be a gimmick. It is always that way.

2) If ANY company can claim innovation and creativity...it's Nintendo. And no I am not going to sit here and list everyting Nintendo has done for gaming. I would be here for an hour.

Oh and by the way, before anyone tries to say "but a tablet controller is just the obvious evolution...so it wont be copying" let me remind you that Sony has used the same damned controller for 18 years....18 years! So don't give me this "obvious progression" crap.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

amp316 said:
That confirms it.

The Wii U is a toy.

You are late to the party only 1 year. Good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
amp316 said:
That confirms it.

The Wii U is a toy.

every gaming system is a toy not sure how this is news

Bossman112 said:
Pavolink said:
amp316 said:
That confirms it.

The Wii U is a toy.

every gaming system is a toy not sure how this is news

I suppose you are not aware of the ancient "the Wii is a toy" argument. (In other words: It was a joke :)

Around the Network

Just wonder how the nfc will allow you to carry your saves on the mablet, i thought little embeded memory as in the wiimote will do it.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

So the innovation from the Wii U is that you can buy some expensive toys for your tablet to get some extra content.
Reminds me of that skylander shit. Really which gamer is so stupid to buy those things. Are all the companys thinking we are cows that should be milked.

Hopefully Microsoft and Sony will not jump on that train too. ( if thats so i would seriously leave gaming for another hobby)

PS: Rayman Legends looks awesome.

It's only a matter of time before those toys appear in happy meals etc. It's hard enough to keep kids away from that shit as it is :/ Even more movie licensed games with crappy toys here we come.

The new Rayman Legends does look awesome.

Power up!

Nsanity said:

Power up!

I might have just witnessed the greatest gif of all time! O.O