By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U toy functionality leaked in Rayman Legends trailer!

Computerandvideogames

A leaked Rayman Legends video has appeared online confirming Ubisoft is working on a sequel to the critically-acclaimed Rayman Origins, and also showing off new Wii U functionality.

Earlier this week an Ubisoft survey hinted at the sequel. The company later registered Rayman Legends domains.

Alongside some new gorgeous-looking platforming gameplay the video also shows toys being placed onto the Wii U controller in the style of Activision's Skylanders, which then transport new characters into the game.

In January Nintendo confirmed new NFC technology for the Wii U controller, but this is the first time we've seen it in action.

NFC allows the system to read and write data wirelessly, much like the way Activision's Skylanders action figures interact with the 'Portal of Power' reading device. Now we've seen it in action.

Nintendo gamer explains in its latest Wii U feature: "NFC has essentially superseded QR codes as a method of data transferral, with the obvious benefit that RFID chips contain much more info.

"With Wii U supporting multiple controllers, NFC should allow you to transfer and carry around save data on your pad, and could easily be extended to allow the trading of Pokémon or Smash Bros trophies.

"Swapping players in FIFA and Madden would be a doddle, and would certainly explain EA CEO Peter Moore's comments that 'we'll be able to differentiate ourselves from the competition more easily with our sports line-up.'"

This is how Nintendo will take over the world, again:

Around the Network

Wait, whaaa? xD

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I honestly have no idea of what to say about this...

I'm going to make sooo much cash selling these toys on Ebay.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

And it's a pirating countermeasure. Win-win for 3rd parties. Look at Skylanders Wii sales...

Around the Network

also, it shows that the WiiU controller support finger input, and not just the pen!

now all we need is multi-touch

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
also, it shows that the WiiU controller support finger input, and not just the pen!

now all we need is multi-touch

Is that a joke? They confirmed that way back at E3 2011 :S

Edit: And then there is the DS!

Waits for Activision to make COD where all the guns are toys...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

Haha, and then there is the Air-Strike plane that you put on the controller's map where you want them to bomb xD

Wait... Did I just come up with an awesome idea?   O.O

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Conegamer said:

Haha, and then there is the Air-Strike plane that you put on the controller's map where you want them to bomb xD

Wait... Did I just come up with an awesome idea?   O.O

That would actually be fun. ;P