By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's PS All-Stars, discuss the similarities and differences, and if needed express your displeasure (No trolling allowed)

Tagged games:

So, is it a Brawl clone?

Yes 260 41.73%

No 42 6.74%

Kind of 43 6.90%

Who cares, it'll be fun either was 229 36.76%

I'm disgusted 47 7.54%

Total:621
lilbroex said:
I want expecting game that was a rip off of that caliber but here it is... Whatever happened to integrity and originality?

The originality is in the gameplay, features and execution.

Around the Network

@VGKing All good, but one thing. You are aware that Solid Snake and Sonic are in SSBB, right? With other charcters in their series also appearing as cameo?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

sensebringer said:
Gilgamesh said:

LMAO seriously? Guess what Nintendo copied to! thats right Smash Bros is not as original as you think. The creators were "inspired" by the game The Outfoxies which is very similar and made 5 years before Smash Bros.

How about FPS today  no one complains they copied them?

You guys just need to stop complaining that Nintendo now has some competition with there game.

End thread.

Whats that little white box behind that girl that is working on PASBR? what game must be inside that little white box?

That's a Wii. They were looking to Smash Bros Brawl for inspiration. After all, this game wouldn't exist without it.
The developers admitted this, everyone knows it. No one is denying it.

The point is that NO video game these days is entirely original and like Gilga pointed out, apparantly neither was Smash Bros.

err I don't want to make a list of games, but are these all ripoffs too? There is even more in Japan. Why you guys being mad for?

1.DreamMix TV World Fighters - Gamecube and PS2
2.Digimon Rumble Arena - PlayStation
3.Rakugaki Showtime - PlayStation
4.Battle Stadium D.O.N
5.Onimusha Blade Warriors -PS2
6.One Piece: Grand Battle! Series (1,3, and Rush) PlayStation 2, PS1, GameCube

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@VGKing All good, but one thing. You are aware that Solid Snake and Sonic are in SSBB, right? With other charcters in their series also appearing as cameo?

Yes I know but isn't that it?
I would think Playstation All-Stars would have way more 3rd party characters since 3rd party characters are much more important to Playstation than it is for Nintendo.

Around the Network

The AP bar kills this game for me, this might take way a lot of the diversity that th smb series had respect kills, combacks, and will probably make the game less competitive than brawl.

Displeasure? No, might be a good game in its own merits. Dissapointed? yes, i was expecting something fresh and original for a fighting game that got sony's ips as roster, instead i got a weird clone of smb with a bad name.

VGKing said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

Yes I know but isn't that it?
I would think Playstation All-Stars would have way more 3rd party characters since 3rd party characters are much more important to Playstation than it is for Nintendo.

That is true and correct me if I'm wrong. Sony has more IP's than Microsoft and Nintendo combine I believe.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Clearly this wouldn't of been done if it wasn't for the success of the Nintendo series, but crossover fighters and "brawl" style fighters were done before super smash brothers, so this isn't entirely Nintendos idea to begin with. It's a little more mature, has different gameplay elements and design choices and is funnier from what I've heard.

Sorry but saying everything is identical apart from the characters is just plain wrong. You've got the clash of artstyles in arenas to represent different franchises, a very different health and combat system and a load of other minor changes throughout the game.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Clearly this wouldn't of been done if it wasn't for the success of the Nintendo series, but crossover fighters and "brawl" style fighters were done before super smash brothers, so this isn't entirely Nintendos idea to begin with. It's a little more mature, has different gameplay elements and design choices and is funnier from what I've heard.

Sorry but saying everything is identical apart from the characters is just plain wrong. You've got the clash of artstyles in arenas to represent different franchises, a very different health and combat system and a load of other minor changes throughout the game.

I never understood why people say this

The only problem I have with the game is the name. It's so terrible.