By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

PDF said:
I want to know who will be the final boss. Who is the greatest playstation villain?

Hmm. Well I don't know if they would limit the villain to being from one single IP. The way Omar worded his answer when asked about who the final boss would be stated it would be something that Playstation fans would know. And maybe it's the FF fanboy in me, but who doesn't know of Sephiroth? He's usually always on peoples top 10 villain lists, he's iconic, and FFVII is not only the best selling Final Fantasy game, but also the second best selling PS1 game.

That's what i'm hoping anyway. But I think they will go with something much more general. Probably like Polygon man or whatever :p

Around the Network
ChadOkada said:

Sophia-Battle Arena Toshinden

Haha.  Battle Arena Toshinden representation would literally make me explode with excitement.

Not gonna happen though, the most recent Toshinden "game" was on the Wii, and I can't see Sony paying for access to such an obscure series.

UnitSmiley said:
PDF said:
I want to know who will be the final boss. Who is the greatest playstation villain?

Hmm. Well I don't know if they would limit the villain to being from one single IP. The way Omar worded his answer when asked about who the final boss would be stated it would be something that Playstation fans would know. And maybe it's the FF fanboy in me, but who doesn't know of Sephiroth? He's usually always on peoples top 10 villain lists, he's iconic, and FFVII is not only the best selling Final Fantasy game, but also the second best selling PS1 game.

That's what i'm hoping anyway. But I think they will go with something much more general. Probably like Polygon man or whatever :p

Sephiroth, Liquid Snake, Neo Cortex, Calypso, other cars from Gran Turismo!

If we're going off best-selling Playstation games, though, the final boss should actually be officer Tenpenny from GTA: San Andreas.  That would be a really odd one to see.

It's not going to be any of these though, in my opinion.  It's going to be something in a similar vein to Master Hand.  I don't really know what to be honest.  The polygon T-Rex demonstration from Demo 1?

Yeah I'd definitely say Polygon man as well. Though i'm still hoping for Seph just because haha.I wonder if the story will include him at all? Like he is the one who gathered all the heroes together. Or if he'll just show up out of nowhere and you'll have to fight him.

PDF said:

Polygon man makes a lot of sense.  He has the motive.  The original playstation mascot before it was even released, getting revenge on all the other mascots.  He can play a lot like Master Hand as well.

I was orignally thinking  Dr .Cortex would be fun but battling against him would be anti-climactic.  I then thought Sephiroth would be the most exciting to battle at the end and He Is a well known baddy.  I thought about the tech demo T-Rex as well.  It would be exciting as that dinosaur demo still could give me nightmares but whats the motive for being a bad guy.  I still beleive Polygonman is the leading candidate as he does not favor any ip

Yeh, I agree, Polygon man does make a lot of sense and is the kind of 'master hand' character I was going for.  Problem is, I had never actually heard of him until you mentioned him.  Doing a bit of research, he was only a part of the North American marketing and only for a very short period?  I don't see why Sony would put in a character that caters to proportionally their smallest market, that most people aren't gonna remember anyway?

Perhaps they're just putting him in because North Americans will remember him, and for the people who don't it'll just be an average end boss.

I don't know how many would remember the polygon T-Rex either, though.  Was he included in Demo 1 worldwide or just in specific areas?  The people who do remember him though - like you and me - he was absolutely terrifying, right?  I had nightmares about that as a kid too :P

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:

Ok I saw this just now and HAVE to post it. 

Shuhei Yoshida is the President of Worldwide Studios at Sony Computer Entertainment. This is him playing along with Kaz's parody account (the one in my sig). Respect +1

That really, really made me laugh a lot.  I don't even know why :)  Thanks for posting!

Here's a video showing different combos characters can perform.

Another blurry picture from the game. Character modeling. Looks an awful lot like Yorda from Ico right?

UnitSmiley said:

Another blurry picture from the game. Character modeling. Looks an awful lot like Yorda from Ico right?

That... certainly is the picture you linked.

God I hope Yorda isn't in this game though.  Stupid bitch.  Wasting my time getting captured every BLOODY TIME I WALK AWAY FROM HER.

Rofl yeah, but hey she could just be in the background or something. Maybe there is a Ico level being attacked by a Colossus and she is overlooking things :p. Ico or Wander could be the actual character we play as.