By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

Playstation Cross Over Chaos, a much better name.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network

Direct feed footage from PS Blog. Enjoy!

The girl behind Radec is from Jak and Daxter right?

PDF said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Playstation Cross Over Chaos, a much better name.

Yes I love playstationCOC

Lol, nice argument! Playstation Cross Over Chaos is NOT a suitable name anymore!

Great gameinformer article with a few minutes of raw gameplay;

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/playstation_all-stars_battle_royale/b/ps3/archive/2012/04/27/ps-all-stars-battle-royale-preview.aspx

Around the Network

huh, I just noticed, those are not health bars, are they?
They fill, instead of going down... how the characters die?

VicViper said:

None of this really strays from the Smash Bros. formula, but the scoring method has notable differences. Attacking foes fills an AP bar at the bottom of the screen, which grants three levels of a super attack once filled. You can attack an opponent all day, but the only way you'll actually score a point is if you KO them with a super attack. Level one attacks are usually limited, such as Parappa's spin kick. Once you get to level three, however, you're almost guaranteed a couple of points with screen-clearing attacks. Parappa breaks into a rap performance that annihilates nearby opponents, while Sweet Tooth transforms into his robot form for an insane damage boost.

Considering the importance of super attacks, managing your AP becomes the focus. Items like rocket launchers and the Spear of Destiny from God of War will occasionally drop onto the battlefield, and they can be used to reduce the super meter of opponents. AP orbs can be granted by certain moves, such as Parappa's Boxy Boy boombox ability.

EDIT: thanks ^

Problem solved

Sal.Paradise said:
VicViper said:

None of this really strays from the Smash Bros. formula, but the scoring method has notable differences. Attacking foes fills an AP bar at the bottom of the screen, which grants three levels of a super attack once filled. You can attack an opponent all day, but the only way you'll actually score a point is if you KO them with a super attack. Level one attacks are usually limited, such as Parappa's spin kick. Once you get to level three, however, you're almost guaranteed a couple of points with screen-clearing attacks. Parappa breaks into a rap performance that annihilates nearby opponents, while Sweet Tooth transforms into his robot form for an insane damage boost.

Considering the importance of super attacks, managing your AP becomes the focus. Items like rocket launchers and the Spear of Destiny from God of War will occasionally drop onto the battlefield, and they can be used to reduce the super meter of opponents. AP orbs can be granted by certain moves, such as Parappa's Boxy Boy boombox ability.

Should have gone with lifebars better...or porcentages.

Rafux said:

<snip>

The girl behind Radec is from Jak and Daxter right?

yes that's Keira from Jak and Daxter, that level is from the first game in the Jak and Daxter series

bits of information on opinions of the game from gametrailers and how you kill enemy's too

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/hit-points-playstation-all-stars/729627

I enjoyed the look of the game, I certainly liked the level design were half the level is from one game and another is from a different series all together, quite good imo, I'll see who's in the game before I buy it for sure, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying it eventually