By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - So I'm trying to think of remakes that differ in terms of quality to the original

But for whatever reason, I'm failing hard maybe it's because I'm sleepy but I can't think of a film that was pretty much the exact same story as the original (I.e no alternate endings, no ommisions, additions etc) but for whatever reason, one version is just infinitely better than the other any help? I'm sure when I'm more awake this will be easier but for now....x_x

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Jame Cameron's remake of Pocahontas wasn't half as good as the Disney version.

axumblade said:
I don't think it really happens often (or at all). Most films that are remade are done so in an attempt to adapt a story for modern audiences. What's the point of making the same movie again if everything is exactly the same?

that's a very good point, I'm rewritting a Japanese film for a western audience as an excercise and sure enough, I've noticed I'm  translating some scenes completely differently to its original because I didn't not think it would work very well for an english audience.

Which got me thinking about adapting films from long ago e.g 50s to modern day times...hmm, anyway fun times!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?