By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 16 - April 16-22

Why don't you guys get avatars?

Around the Network

yes

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

The 3ds is way up on the ds worldwide...........

remember the ds lite came as a god send at the 1.8 year point because the ds original wasnt selling that well

I feel like buying a Vita out of pure pity.

RolStoppable said:
small44 said:

yes

Not sure how long this picture will keep showing up. Anyway, the graph is skewed because the DS launched in November while the 3DS launched in February, so right now the DS is coming right off its holiday season in 2005. I added the DS Lite to explain the collapse in DS sales. But basically, the 3DS needs to achieve about a 150k units baseline to keep up with the DS/DS Lite in the near future. The DS Lite fluctuates widely, because sales were completely dependent on shipments at that time. Whatever Nintendo could ship was sold.

I think that covers all questions that people might have had regarding this graph.

Way to kill the thread... now everything is a failure :(

Around the Network

JWeinCom. Not gonna help unless you live in Japan.

RolStoppable said:
small44 said:

yes

Not sure how long this picture will keep showing up. Anyway, the graph is skewed because the DS launched in November while the 3DS launched in February, so right now the DS is coming right off its holiday season in 2005. I added the DS Lite to explain the collapse in DS sales. But basically, the 3DS needs to achieve about a 150k units baseline to keep up with the DS/DS Lite in the near future. The DS Lite fluctuates widely, because sales were completely dependent on shipments at that time. Whatever Nintendo could ship was sold.

I think that covers all questions that people might have had regarding this graph.

The DS had a second price drop and a remodel. The 3ds hasnt had that yet..............so that part is unfair........

All we can say now is for the first year, the ds couldnt even compare..........

I dont even think that graph is all that accurate

stealth20k said:
cyberninja45 said:

Fire emblem is not really kind of game that people would wait to buy a 3ds for, so it won't push much units. It sold well within the 3ds's audience.

it pushed 20k units........

I´d say even more, cause without it the numbers probably would´ve gone further downwards.

Dampfi said:
stealth20k said:
cyberninja45 said:

Fire emblem is not really kind of game that people would wait to buy a 3ds for, so it won't push much units. It sold well within the 3ds's audience.

I´d say even more, cause without it the numbers probably would´ve gone furthe downwards.

It did push more than that considering the bundles

Dampfi said:
stealth20k said:
cyberninja45 said:

I´d say even more, cause without it the numbers probably would´ve gone furthe downwards.

It pushed more due to online bundles - supposedly 30k more

So, it was a beast, after all.