By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - An open letter to Kantor

What are you talking about?

The ban team seems super balance lately. This forum is meant to be a place of good well thought out discussion not a flame fest / troll site.

You want to not get banned? Its easy I've been a member of this site since 2008 and have only been banned 1 time for 1 day because my sig was too long. Its simple just post things that are relative to the conversation, aren't stupid or trying to start a fight, and being contributing member to the thread.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Kantor said:
axumblade said:
Well this thread is sufficiently awkward...

For you and I both

You act agreable and friendly in the open but I can feel the jealously burning in your heart, loathing axumblade for what should have been yours, YOURS!!

He gets to deal with seven times the whining that the rest of us do now. Believe me, I don't envy him

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

MontanaHatchet is the only mod to ever give me a warning. However it was totally justified and actually pretty reasonable of him not to hand down a day ban or something. I imagine because I had no mod history at all. He was also very reasonable and understanding when I messaged him. I really don't think he is 'power mongering and [abusing]''.

Someone's history on the forums makes a big difference.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

Axum? XD He's too immature for that spot!

Don't mistake humour for immaturity. That's how I see it. Will no doubt be a great top-dog.

Don't get me wrong, I love Axum! When I was saying he's too immature I was kind of meaning "for that position." He seems so innocent and easy going that I don't think being Head Mod would fit him well.

Zim said:
MontanaHatchet is the only mod to ever give me a warning. However it was totally justified and actually pretty reasonable of him not to hand down a day ban or something. I imagine because I had no mod history at all. He was also very reasonable and understanding when I messaged him. I really don't think he is 'power mongering and [abusing]''.

Someone's history on the forums makes a big difference.

To be totally honest, the only thing that triggered a reaction in me was when Montana locked the roast thread. I found that was just to break our fun. I saw a similar thing happen before and ioi overuled it.

We all have our things, but Montana if you're reading this that's the only thing I wish you'd improve on. And don't worry, I know I have lots to improve on myself and am not giving a fraction of the effort you're giving to this community. But I just needed to say it.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
RolStoppable said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Interesting that the members who contribute the least seem to complain the most.

There, free expression.

You are being accused of abusing your mod powers, so explain yourself.

What I assume that happened is that MBP intentionally violated some rule again (because he wants to get banned) and since he already has a staggering moderation history it's a rather long ban, because it's a repeated offense. That's how the system works, after all.

Basically made a post on my wall saying I'd be a terrible head mod because I hate everyone on the site (even though I said I didn't want the position). Then made a post in the forums saying the mod team needs a sense of humor, praising Stof who was 4 years before his time. Plus his continued spamming. In retrospect, ban-fishing perfectly explains his behavior. And frankly, MBP has been moderated 13 times in the last 3 months (so an average of once a week), and 2 or so of those have been by me. It's easier for some posters to develop a persecution complex than change their behavior.

Sorry, but that shouldn't be a reason to ban someone. If he doesn't like your mod-style, he should be able to say that without the fear of getting banned, and he should also be allowed to criticize the mods for not having a sense of humor (though I personally disagree with this).  Using the Freedom of speech is NOT a reason to warn someone, let alone ban him.

Spamming is a whole other topic.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

BenVTrigger said:
What are you talking about?

The ban team seems super balance lately. This forum is meant to be a place of good well thought out discussion not a flame fest / troll site.

You want to not get banned? Its easy I've been a member of this site since 2008 and have only been banned 1 time for 1 day because my sig was too long. Its simple just post things that are relative to the conversation, aren't stupid or trying to start a fight, and being contributing member to the thread.

truer words.

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

Axum? XD He's too immature for that spot!

Don't mistake humour for immaturity. That's how I see it. Will no doubt be a great top-dog.

Don't get me wrong, I love Axum! When I was saying he's too immature I was kind of meaning "for that position." He seems so innocent and easy going that I don't think being Head Mod would fit him well.

I don't think it should be a menacing position or anything. Just because we were all afraid of Machina doesn't mean we need to be afraid of every head mod

It's the position that does it.

Hell, people were afraid of naznatips when he was head mod, and he's just about the least scary person on this entire website.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
pezus said:

I don't think it should be a menacing position or anything. Just because we were all afraid of Machina doesn't mean we need to be afraid of every head mod

It's the position that does it.

Hell, people were afraid of naznatips when he was head mod, and he's just about the least scary person on this entire website.

The Phoenix Wright avatar helped making him intimidating with that finger pointed at you in accusation.

Signature goes here!

pezus said:

Who said I was afraid of Machina? We're best buds!