By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crysis 3 not coming to the Wii U

If the game is worth that much, I would. Especially if it's also a media center. But that's just me.

Around the Network

^The interviewee didn't seem too enthused though. I just got a bad vibe I think.

Sal.Paradise said:

@happy

Not my news, the other guy posted and it's just a rumour apparently. 

But..it's hard to overstate the difference between a company like Valve and a company like EA, both in terms of the culture inside the company itself and, in this specific case, their knowledge of creating a good online service.

I'll just put it out there that Steam is the best online experience available to gamers, and it along with with Valve's consistently well-thought-of game releases is the product of their unorthodox corporate structure - as in, they have none. There is no formal hierarchy at Valve, game projects and new ideas for their online service are driven simply by individuals in the company...having good ideas. People will collaborate freely if they believe the idea to be worthwhile and an informal lead for the project is assigned by the team.

I remember a comment of theirs saying that the most important part of creating good experiences for the user these days is individual creativity; thousands of tech companies can now copy eachothers' products to a high degree of quality simply because of how many people there are in the field working today and how cheap labour is, so the only valuable asset to them is creativity - and a formal hierarchy in a tech company bottlenecks that creativity at the top of the chain. 

I could go on for a few pages about how EA is different, simply:

They are the opposite of this.

Creativity being bottlenecked is exactly the situation at EA, and a net result of the few at the top controlling the company is that business is always put before consumer (and employee..). They use draconian regulation on their online servcies...if your Origin account is banned due to an offense, you cannot play any of your games, not even singleplayer. If you are a member of a forum of an Origin game (Battlefield, Mass Effect etc) and a moderator bans you for offensive language, say bye bye to your games. They are also moving towards an always-online future with singleplayer games requiring a constant internet connection. They are possibly the worst offenders when it comes to abusing the customer with high digital prices and day 1 DLC. 

I need to stop now, I write too much. But you get the point! So if Nintendo is going to elope with someone, they should pick the creative free spirited partner, i.e. Valve, not the rich but narrow-minded and shallow partner, EA. 

aaaww shucks so much writing from just one person. We can imagine what Nintendo thinks of this! Be sure to send them a few emails while your at it.

Mazty said:
Snovalo said:
Mazty said:

If those are the specs then the Wii U could be more powerful, and as you have said, should be more powerful. 

Obviously it's a point neither one of us can prove, but I'd say that most exsiting Wii owners aren't going to upgrade to the Wii U.  I say this because from what I've seen (Yes, not a great source, but still...) wii owners tend to come in three varieties:
1)Nintendo fans - enjoy the franchises (mario etc)
2)Casual gamers
3)Families
The first people may upgrade to the Wii U but we must remember that the world is still in a really bad economic state - the UK has gone back into recession, joining Spain etc. The casual gamers probably won't upgrade because I suspect most of them already have a 360/PS3, and it doesn't make sense to by an entirely new console when a large volume of it's games already are playable on the one you own. Yes, some people have a 360 and PS3 but both those consoles have the advantage of a large back catalogue of exclusives: Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Gears 1-3, Forza, Fables etc/Killzone 2,3, God of War 3, Uncharted's etc.
The third group, families, won't buy the wii u because they are not interested in game releases or technical prowess. They bought the wii for family time/kill time and the wii will fulfill that role and a new console will not do it any better. 
Also let's not forget Nintendo said they aren't good at making hardcore games, so will they put the potential extra power to good use in ways other then cart and side-scrollers? I like my graphics so I hope so, but it doesn't look like they have the expertise to do so. 

Of course this is speculation, but that's what I think will happen. Possibly large sales to start and then it'll go 3DS and sales will plummet. 

if you don't think Wii U will be more powerful then the PS3, then you need help.  Like Viper said, you'd have to pay more money to make it weaker then the PS3/360, a lot more money. Plus, it's 1080p, while ps3/360 are 720p.  Also, all your so called "speculation" made my brain hurt. Families won't buy it because they have a Wii? Casuals won't buy it because they have last gen consoles? Last time I checked, Wii sold 100 million with Gamecube/ps2/xbox having sold like 300 million. Previous generations aren't going to hurt it's sales. And a new console won't "do it any better", excuse me, the Wii U is doing everything better. What are you 12? Do you not know how to think? Let me guess, when Ps4/720 comes around, you definitely will apply a completely different set of logic into accessing it's sales figures pre-launch, amirite?

I need help because listening to what some devs have apparently said is something that requires medical attention?

Right....

Why would you buy a console for a catelogue of 2, maybe 3 games? How can you say this gen won't hurt it when probably most of it's games are on this gens consoles and will probably look exactly the same?

"What are you 12?"
Throwing around insults...shows the calibre of your argument. 

A catalogue of 2 or 3 games? What? Oh ok, I don't even have to take you seriously, as you're a troll. The Wii U is launching with more then 2 or 3 titles.

Because it never hurts next gen hardware when transitioning. Also, look the same? Despite the fact that like every single developer is saying that their games on the Wii U compared to the current gen stuff is better graphically, and much better with the controller. Stop saying such ignorant shit.

It's a rhetorical question, not an insult. You wouldn't know the difference though.

some people are taking this way too personally, not every game under the sun will make it too Wii U. I imagine that most people interested in this will already have the system or systems to run it. It is the 3rd game in the series afterall, no matter what some internet forum goers may say

Around the Network
Snovalo said:
Mazty said:
Snovalo said:
Mazty said:

If those are the specs then the Wii U could be more powerful, and as you have said, should be more powerful. 

Obviously it's a point neither one of us can prove, but I'd say that most exsiting Wii owners aren't going to upgrade to the Wii U.  I say this because from what I've seen (Yes, not a great source, but still...) wii owners tend to come in three varieties:
2)Casual gamers
3)Families
The first people may upgrade to the Wii U but we must remember that the world is still in a really bad economic state - the UK has gone back into recession, joining Spain etc. The casual gamers probably won't upgrade because I suspect most of them already have a 360/PS3, and it doesn't make sense to by an entirely new console when a large volume of it's games already are playable on the one you own. Yes, some people have a 360 and PS3 but both those consoles have the advantage of a large back catalogue of exclusives: Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Gears 1-3, Forza, Fables etc/Killzone 2,3, God of War 3, Uncharted's etc.
The third group, families, won't buy the wii u because they are not interested in game releases or technical prowess. They bought the wii for family time/kill time and the wii will fulfill that role and a new console will not do it any better. 
Also let's not forget Nintendo said they aren't good at making hardcore games, so will they put the potential extra power to good use in ways other then cart and side-scrollers? I like my graphics so I hope so, but it doesn't look like they have the expertise to do so. 

Of course this is speculation, but that's what I think will happen. Possibly large sales to start and then it'll go 3DS and sales will plummet. 

if you don't think Wii U will be more powerful then the PS3, then you need help.  Like Viper said, you'd have to pay more money to make it weaker then the PS3/360, a lot more money. Plus, it's 1080p, while ps3/360 are 720p.  Also, all your so called "speculation" made my brain hurt. Families won't buy it because they have a Wii? Casuals won't buy it because they have last gen consoles? Last time I checked, Wii sold 100 million with Gamecube/ps2/xbox having sold like 300 million. Previous generations aren't going to hurt it's sales. And a new console won't "do it any better", excuse me, the Wii U is doing everything better. What are you 12? Do you not know how to think? Let me guess, when Ps4/720 comes around, you definitely will apply a completely different set of logic into accessing it's sales figures pre-launch, amirite?

I need help because listening to what some devs have apparently said is something that requires medical attention?

Right....

Why would you buy a console for a catelogue of 2, maybe 3 games? How can you say this gen won't hurt it when probably most of it's games are on this gens consoles and will probably look exactly the same?

"What are you 12?"

A catalogue of 2 or 3 games? What? Oh ok, I don't even have to take you seriously, as you're a troll. The Wii U is launching with more then 2 or 3 titles.

Because it never hurts next gen hardware when transitioning. Also, look the same? Despite the fact that like every single developer is saying that their games on the Wii U compared to the current gen stuff is better graphically, and much better with the controller. Stop saying such ignorant shit.

It's a rhetorical question, not an insult. You wouldn't know the difference though.

By catalogue I mean exclusives. Who is going to get a Wii U for games they can already play on their existing console?
Well every single developer isn't saying their games on the Wii U is better....two have said the Wii U is less powerful. How exaclty am I being ignorant wheny ou are making such sweeping erroneous statements...?
I wouldn't know the different...another insult. Because arguing with fallacies gives credibility to a point...
Why are you so angry over a console you don't even own...?

A lot of us don't really care, we're just discussing how good the decision was. Then, the blatant trolling from the journalist was revolting no matter how you spin it.

Mazty said:
Snovalo said:
Mazty said:
Snovalo said:
Mazty said:

2)Casual gamers
3)Families

Right....

"What are you 12?"

By catalogue I mean exclusives. Who is going to get a Wii U for games they can already play on their existing console?
Well every single developer isn't saying their games on the Wii U is better....two have said the Wii U is less powerful. How exaclty am I being ignorant wheny ou are making such sweeping erroneous statements...?
I wouldn't know the different...another insult. Because arguing with fallacies gives credibility to a point...
Why are you so angry over a console you don't even own...?

So you know how many exclusives it will have? Ok, I'll be waiting for the proof.

2 anon's. When  every single other NAMED source, is saying the exact opposte.  Also, because they could look better, and because the other consoles don't have a tablet controller. Graphics can get a small amount of people to jump ship, but what would really make people buy the Wii U, I can't believe I have to explain this to you, the CONTROLLER. Dun dun. You apparently don't want to acknowledge it's existence, even though it's the basis of the whole entire console.

I'm angry because you ask inane questions like, " Why would people buy the Wii U?" This, this is frustrating.

KeptoKnight said:

aaaww shucks so much writing from just one person. We can imagine what Nintendo thinks of this! Be sure to send them a few emails while your at it.

thanks but my uncle works there i know about the next nintendo already but i cant tell you or he will be in trouble

guys can you snip the quote-trees plz?