By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - For Your Eyes Only Review

DixieKong said:
This is my second favourite Roger Moore Bond film. I loved the car/ski chase scenes, and the title song is great. Although this is one of Moore's more serious outings as Bond, the film still has some humorous moments that keep things fun, which is something I wish they would do with the newer Bond films.

I pretty much agree with everything that you said here.  While I do enjoy the Craig movies, I wish that a little humor would be added.  The guy doesn't even crack a smile.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
When I was about to rewatch Thunderball I was really looking forward to it but was very disappointed because it was not as good as I remembered... reading your review I think I was confusing it with For Your Eyes Only which is a much better Bond film.

Although, I agree NikkoM that the opening scene was a really cheap way of getting rid of Blofeld. Kinda like they got fed up of having him around and wanted to kill him off without having to spend another movie with him as the vilain.

At the time EON pictures was in a legal dispute with Kevin McClory that owned the rights to Thunderball.  Long story short - He got to do a Thuderball remake and the official Bond films were no longer able to use SPECTRE or Blofeld.  This was their way of getting rid of Blofeld without actually using his name.

Those damn lawyers!! I didn't know that, very interesting stuff! You're a real Bond encyclopedia!

Signature goes here!

spurgeonryan said:
Craig Smiles once in Cowboys Vs Aliens! At least it looked like a smile, it could have been the reflection of light from the moon off of a horseshoe. But I think it was a smile.

Wasn't he smiling in the ball bashing scene?

I still have not seen Cowboys vs Aliens.  I'm guessing that it isn't nearly as good as For Your Eyes Only.

Another cool thing to know that I forgot:  If Carole Bouquet looks familiar to you, it might be because you recognize her as the model for Chanel.  She did this throughout the 80s and 90s.  She is definitely not an ugly woman.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Craig Smiles once in Cowboys Vs Aliens! At least it looked like a smile, it could have been the reflection of light from the moon off of a horseshoe. But I think it was a smile.

Wasn't he smiling in the ball bashing scene?

I still have not seen Cowboys vs Aliens.  I'm guessing that it isn't nearly as good as For Your Eyes Only.

Another cool thing to know that I forgot:  If Carole Bouquet looks familiar to you, it might be because you recognize her as the model for Chanel.  She did this throughout the 80s and 90s.  She is definitely not an ugly woman.

It is the same as usual for recent Harrison ford movies. You keep waiting for that spark, but he just cannot muster enough strenght to pull it out all the way anymore. But you have had so many good times with him that you do not care. That is why I would watch Indy 4 again. Just because of harrison. The rest is total garbage including Speilberg for doing that to him! But you cannot replace harrison.

That is why you should see it AMP. The movie is alright as well, and like I said, you may possibly get a glimpse of Craig smirking.

I'm surprised that Harrison Ford is still doing action movies.  The thing that strikes me odd about the Indy movies is that they never tried to use another actor.  If successful, they could keep the franchise going forever like the 007 series.  Bringing in Shia LeBeef as his son was not a good idea to revamp things.

amp316 said:
DixieKong said:
This is my second favourite Roger Moore Bond film. I loved the car/ski chase scenes, and the title song is great. Although this is one of Moore's more serious outings as Bond, the film still has some humorous moments that keep things fun, which is something I wish they would do with the newer Bond films.

I pretty much agree with everything that you said here.  While I do enjoy the Craig movies, I wish that a little humor would be added.  The guy doesn't even crack a smile.

I sometimes think it would kill him to smile. Many people are saying Craig needs to lighten up a little. The movie FARGO, which is far more dark and gritty than a Bond movie, has more humour for crying out loud.