By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Sony buys EMI Music Publishing now the #1 music publisher in the world

kowenicki said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:
Sony slowly but surely turning into a software business.... probably the best option for them. Its what Kaz know best too so it will suit him.

becasue what's hardware without software

ask Apple

the most profitble parts of Sony are software related... Music, Movies, Gaming.      This thing about leveraging software to help hardwrae is folly. the other manufactureers wont have it and the other software providers will soon get pissed off too.  It could spectacularly backfire.

why not Microsoft?

or you know, Sony will just kick ass on the content side

Apple's doing it with iphone/ipad

MS is doing it with Windows OS

not bad for a compnay that hasnohopewhatsoevertodoanythingaboutit'scurrentsituationisdoingnothingandisdoomedwithnohopeofreturn eh?

Around the Network
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:
Sony slowly but surely turning into a software business.... probably the best option for them. Its what Kaz know best too so it will suit him.

ask Apple

the most profitble parts of Sony are software related... Music, Movies, Gaming.      This thing about leveraging software to help hardwrae is folly. the other manufactureers wont have it and the other software providers will soon get pissed off too.  It could spectacularly backfire.

why not Microsoft?

not bad for a compnay that hasnohopewhatsoevertodoanythingaboutit'scurrentsituationisdoingnothingandisdoomedwithnohopeofreturn eh?

You completely missed the point when you mentioned Microsoft.  They do not manufacture PC hardware so they cannot be seen to influence hardware design and development through software.  He was simply saying that if Sony get to a certain point where they control enough of the software base and are still in the hardware market then they will be pressured by the other hardware manufacturers to either pull out of the hardware side or reduce their software pentration.  Apple would love to have the market sewn up for iPhone and iPad but Android has thankfully put paid to that and the snyergy of having seperate companies leading the hardware and software push is great for competition. 

I don't necessarily worry much about the above as these things take care of themselves usually, I think it's just typical of this site that whenever people do not praise Sony the pathetic bullying starts.  Grow up, perhaps if your attitude sucked less Kow may actually engage in debate with you and you'd learn something.

kowenicki said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:

ask Apple

why not Microsoft?

Sorry, you've lost me... What are you saying? 

I am saying I think sony WOULD be best suited as a predominantly software based company.  What are you saying?

Sony already is a predominantly software company

you were suggesting Sony would shoehorn it's content only on Sony devices thus pushing out everyone else, but that wouldn't make any sense given their recent actions, see PlayStation suite

now if it ends up that people end up going for Sony hardware because of the software it would be because of choice and not force and right not how many hardware markets do Sony lead, and when do you see that changing? because I don't see it changing anytime soon (except for maybe gaming), so I doubt anyone would or should be particularly worried just extra revenue and profit coming to Sony at a time when they really need the revenue and profit

slowmo said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:

ask Apple

why not Microsoft?

You completely missed the point when you mentioned Microsoft.  They do not manufacture PC hardware so they cannot be seen to influence hardware design and development through software.  He was simply saying that if Sony get to a certain point where they control enough of the software base and are still in the hardware market then they will be pressured by the other hardware manufacturers to either pull out of the hardware side or reduce their software pentration.  Apple would love to have the market sewn up for iPhone and iPad but Android has thankfully put paid to that and the snyergy of having seperate companies leading the hardware and software push is great for competition. 

I don't necessarily worry much about the above as these things take care of themselves usually, I think it's just typical of this site that whenever people do not praise Sony the pathetic bullying starts.  Grow up, perhaps if your attitude sucked less Kow may actually engage in debate with you and you'd learn something.

bullying?

defensive is an understatement

hear that Kowen, give me your lunch money becasue it's mine now...

amidoingitright slowmo?

Maybe they'll release some recent hits on Singstar for a change. Then again, even with Sony artists they offer only their old songs (e.g. Britney Spears nothing after Toxic). Sony make less and less sense to me every day.

Around the Network
logic56 said:
slowmo said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:

ask Apple

why not Microsoft?

bullying?

amidoingitright slowmo?

Jump back in your plant pot and grow up.

slowmo said:

so you have no idea WTF your talking about, just what I thought

running to the defense of nothing, is the only thing that's becoming typical on this site

*rollseyes*

logic56 said:
slowmo said:

so you have no idea WTF your talking about, just what I thought

running to the defense of nothing, is the only thing that's becoming typical on this site

*rollseyes*

I don't know whose alt you are, but you're becoming really tiresome.

slowmo said:
logic56 said:
slowmo said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:

ask Apple

why not Microsoft?

bullying?

amidoingitright slowmo?

funny enough from my perspective the only bullying i'm seeing is from you...

he at no time made personal comments about the other guy's character...

but you have have to him, so i guess it really depends on how you define bullying

o_O.Q said:
slowmo said:
logic56 said:
slowmo said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:

ask Apple

why not Microsoft?

bullying?

amidoingitright slowmo?

funny enough from my perspective the only bullying i'm seeing is from you...

he at no time made personal comments about the other guy's character...

but you have have to him, so i guess it really depends on how you define bullying

You're entitled to your own opinion, when a poster enters a thread though and makes a perfectly reasonable post and is then singled out for having a different opinion to the majority but no attempt is made to understand his point and in fact the alledged "bullying" poster in question doesn't even comprehend his point I think it's a little out of order.  I'm sorry I bothered reading the thread and especially posting in the Sony shrine, it only ever ends in being fed up of reading garbage (mind you there was some Xbox nut job posting in another thread too earlier, not impressed with the calibre of new posters).