By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Sony buys EMI Music Publishing now the #1 music publisher in the world

I don't understand the music industry well, so does anyone know synergies are being created as a result of this merger?

Around the Network

Holy shit. That will make Sony the biggest player in music publishing worldwide.

That gives them between 25-30% of the global music publishing market.

wel aslong as it helps profit wise, then i'm sure it's a good thing. were's Rol and Badge?

I dunno man..I'm sure we are missing something here than can be used to doom them..but never fear I expect some great journalism to find such things and make excellent articles within hours!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

placebo kicks ass.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

They must have a large catalogue of musicians soon to die.

The music business like the Playstation division are making money so they are strengthen it.

looks like $ony is determined to bring most of the music industry with them when they go under

Well they can used this rights for the songs in there movies, there games ( Singstar, Little Big Planet) they can sell the rights. Good choice in my opinion.

That is actually a pretty clever move. Good job Kaz and good luck!