By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Will robots replace prostitutes? PROSTIBOTS

The dumbest thing I've seen in a while. wow

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

As VG Chartz's appointed "Daddy Of The Uncanny Valley", it is my duty to share:

Would you want that to replace a prostitute?

It actually doesn't look that uncanny valley to me. Smoother facial animations (something that would easily come into existence over the next few decades) and it would be hard to tell the difference. The lack of smiling (or any mouth expression whatsoever) is all that keeps that thing in the valley.

On topic, however, i would think the replacement would come in virtual reality first. I think we'll invent nerve hookups and integrate that with holograms or such that we can simulate having sex that, on a per capita basis, would be much cheaper than androids.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Heck no. A robot would probably only take a CC or debit card... I can't have an electronic papertrail.. And how would I scam prostitutes like I do now by beating them up and take back my cash?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

And what kinda research did they do? Yub Yum has been closed for almost 2 years!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Heck no. A robot would probably only take a CC or debit card... I can't have an electronic papertrail.. And how would I scam prostitutes like I do now by beating them up and take back my cash?

Step 1. Hack it

Step 2. Become it's pimp

Step 3. $$$$

Step 4. Pay another robot prostitute

Step 5. Hack it

Step 6. Repat and rinse.

Former something....

Around the Network

Yes and no.

In that i'm sure robot prostitutes will take some of the market away but I think the average hooker would still be able to find work. Same with "holodeck" virtual reality sex.

Nothing will replace prostitutes completely, because at the end of the day a lot of people are going to want that hookup with a real person.

Actually, it'd probably be a lot like the Wii.  It'd take some buisness way from "Traditional prostiution" but will likely get a lot more buisness by creating a market and getting new customers.