By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS3 died :( - Any advice on getting it replaced or fixed?

Tagged games:

thanks for the advice everyone :)

I might go with the heat gun trick then, I only need the PS3 to work once really, my PS3 was backed up until christmas, so I just want to get the new game saves across (and FF13-2)

I'll then get a new PS3 after E3 (hoping Sony cuts the price) :)

Around the Network

Try the heating trick first, if not, then get a second hand slim or something, they're pretty cheap.

NiKKoM said:

Yes! So exploitable!

@ OP:

I'd self fix and keep doing that if needed until Sony discounts later this year. Then you may even consider whether you want to wait for PS4 in 2013 or even a Wii U later this year since it will also get the majority if not all of the same games PS3 will have until PS4 launches... aside from 1st party of course.

Try this if you want professional service: http://gophermods.com/

Around the Network

When mine died, at first I didn't want to open it and fix it myself but I eventually did. It only lasted 5 months (which is good) but then It died permanently. So I settled for a slim.

If you send it in to Sony, you will get a refurbished model that will likely die in a few years time. It sucks, and the sad truth is just settle for a slim.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Sony needs all the money they can get, so buy a new one.

Use heat gun trick once it starts working again copy all saves and backup the whole hardrive then throw that bitch out it'll just keep breaking and get a new one. Some places you can trade it in for a bit of money.