By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Cabin in the Woods

Anyone see this masterpiece yet?

I was dragged out to see it by friends who love the watching the stupid gore-infested horror movies and was completely blown away at what this movie ended up being.

Movie its a brilliant deconstruction of horror cliches that manages to intertwine likable characters, witty writing, a twisting and original plot and connect everything in such a fashion that you will be smiling for the rest of the day.

My friends didn't like it very much which was an icing on the cake for me.

I'd definetly recommend watching this one to anyone that likes out-of-the-box type movies.

Around the Network

I hate horror films, so no, but I did read the wikipedia summary and I like the sound of the story, some nice twists

spurgeonryan said:
I guessing your expectations were so low that you ended up really enjoying the movie.
The same thing happened with me when I went to see the matrix as a kid. Smiled all day long! Not to mention that this was the first movie that I had ever watched by myself as well. It was cool walking in some old theater for the first time to see a great movie! It looked decent from the trailer.

Yeah my expectations were low indeed, but I think the movie would be enjoyable even for people that go in with higher expectations. People that are set to see a certain type of movie will probably not enjoy this.

kowenicki said:
Saw it last night actually....

Not clever enough to keep me guessing or scary enough to frighten imo.... very easy to work out what was going on and what was going to happen next. Really good fun though. The best bit was the motorcycle jump I thought... but even then I knew it was coming.

I think from the satire level, this movie is absolute gold. The fact that they managed to inject likable characters, good acting, witty script and an original story in to a movie that makes fun of dumb horror movies(which never have any of that),  is the reason I liked it so much.

Rarely do you see a parody of a genre be better than the genre itself.

The characters are really likeable. I thought it was awesome - this movie is insane! I love that Sigourney Weaver randomly pops up in these movies - priceless.

Around the Network

Thank you all for selling me. I was worried about American Reunion anyway.

disolitude said:

I was dragged out to see it by friends who love the watching the stupid gore-infested horror movies and was completely blown away at what this movie ended up being.

Movie its a brilliant deconstruction of horror cliches that manages to intertwine likable characters, witty writing, a twisting and original plot and connect everything in such a fashion that you will be smiling for the rest of the day.

I'd definetly recommend watching this one to anyone that likes out-of-the-box type movies.

oh you're one of thooooooose people

theprof00 said:
disolitude said:

I don't know what people you have in mind here, but yes, I did enjoy the fact that I my friends vetoed my suggestion to go to a pub with live music to go watch a horror movie...which they didn't enjoy but I did. Whats not to like there? :)

disolitude said:
theprof00 said:
disolitude said:

I don't know what people you have in mind here, but yes, I did enjoy the fact that I my friends vetoed my suggestion to go to a pub with live music to go watch a horror movie...which they didn't enjoy but I did. Whats not to like there? :)

You like things that people don't like.

Like, the mars volta before people recognized them as talented.

theprof00 said:
disolitude said:
theprof00 said:
disolitude said:

You like things that people don't like.

Like, the mars volta before people recognized them as talented.

This may be true. I like and listen to death metal, but no one likes that officially.

However when it comes to this movie, everyone seems to love it - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_cabin_in_the_woods/