By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Should EA get massively into the film industry?

Should EA bring its intellectual properties to TV and the big screen!

Yes, EA's properties are perfect for film 4 44.44%

No, game based movies can never be good 5 55.56%

Total:9

With the recent announcement that EA is making a Need for Speed film and UbiSoft started getting into film. Is it time for EA to start making tons of films based on its strong IP? Medal Of Honour is one that would make perfect sense EA hires the Act Of Valor team and really get some good writers from other war movies. Medal of Honour would be based on the reboot series following Tier-1 operators of allied countries. Battlefields would make an amazing movie series, Dead Space great big budget sci-fi thriller make a Dragon Age film or a Mass Effect film. Crysis could be turned into a great sci-fi TV series. EA has several other IP that would make great movies and TV shows.shows. Just thought of SSX would make a great animated series or full length film with the right writers.

With UbiSoft trying to head in the film industry direction. The web series from Dragon Age pretty good EA could be in a great position to really get into the film industry. The film industry could also lead to far higher sales of software. Mass Effect could be turned into a live action sci-fi TV series as well.

I hate to see all these amazing IP not reaching their full potential! What do you think

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

There are certain EA properties that would work well on tv or movie yes, but perhaps EA should just leave it to the pro's.

Medal of Honour or Dead Space could make a good movie if done well I think.

I thought EA were trying to get a Dead space film made? They did the two animated films.

Agreed Millennium EA should probably shop around for studios and film companies to make the movies.

However leaving game IP to the pros hasn't worked that well in the past.Even some of the best video game movies like Resident Evil and Prince of Persia should have been better and the games developers should have been far more involved. Its the games developers that gave the game its feel and they really should be involved.

Actually I would say EA would be smart to get one Hollywood AAA script writer to co-write the script with one or more of the game writers (BioWare) if its their IP or some of the story boarder writers from which ever IP is being used.

A lot of game properties have insane potential as long as the developers have input and the movie is a legit use of the IP!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I used to think need for speed and fast and furious where the same thing. Dead Space movie wouldn't be to bad.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
To whoever said Dead Space. That would be supermondoawesome! But I feel it would just get The Rock in it. That Doom movie was good enough, but something about it was....

Pandorum was a pretty good Dead space movie. It doesn't have anything to do with the game but it captures the game quite well, just as Children of men captures the spirit of HL2 quite well, as the book of Eli captures Fallout 3 quite well.

Most straight adaptations aren't so good unfortunately. Let the movie people do their thing I would say.

There's no use, there is no way to cash in more cheaply on cliches than they already are and there's no way to make it dumber so EA has nothing to do there.

EA don't own Crysis, Crytek do EA are just the publisher.

And a Mass Effect movie is in the works, it's written by Mark Protosevich (I Am Legend, Thor) and the producers of The Dark Night and Spider-Man it's live action and everything.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1092495p1.html
I thought that was common knowledge at this point.

There are also 2 Dead Space animated movies already out, direct to DVD tho.

I think a action comedy Command & Conquer Red Alert movie could be good if they get the right actors. I would watch it anyway

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

whatever helps them get bankrupt sooner..

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club