By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No More Heroes gets a 94%

thekitchensink said:
Cool. So, are the boss fights as amazingly epic as everyone is claiming?

Some of the boss fights are incredibly easy, especially considering the rank of the assassin you are up against.

I found a couple of them frustratingly difficult, until I figured out what I needed to do. In most cases, I was trying to think too much, and just needed to dig in and do basic attack/defense. 

Oh yeah, I should also say that I was playing on the easiest difficulty setting. The fights may be more "epic" on higher difficulties.

Actually, the free fight missions, where you have to kill all enemies without taking a single hit, are (so far) the most frustrating for me. Luckily, you don't have to complete them to move on to the next rank fight; they are like "bonus" missions.

But, definitly a fun game, lots of cool fights, highly recommended.  

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Around the Network

Regarding comparisons between Killer7 and NMH:

I remember some people saying that while NMH is not a sequel to Killer7, it is its "spiritual successor", or somesuch. Now that I've played both (but haven't yet finished Killer7), I think that is an exaggeration.

There are definitely some areas of distinct similarities, like the graphic/audio used to introduce boss fights and the overall feeling that the creator must be a bit of a lunatic/excentric, but NMH is not nearly as dark or heavy as Killer7.

NMH is very tonge-in-cheek, with a lot of dark humor that is delivered with a wink and nod toward the gamer. It is a game about an otaku designed by an otaku, to be played and enjoyed by otaku.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Bingoo said:
thekitchensink said:
pichu_pichu said:
Wait why can't you log in as Mr. Pickles??

I have no idea--I tried logging in a couple of days ago, and it said it couldn't log me in.  Tried a whole bunch of different passwords, and that didn't work.  Then I used the 'forgot password' thing, but the password it gave me doesn't work, and I know I'm not banned.  None of ioi's suggestions worked, either, so I'm just going on with this one until I sort the problem out...

be nice if that account worked tho, so I could get the vg$ for all my posts :-S

Same here bro

Im lost tears of kain it wont let me log back in either.

the password problem thing happened to me last week I must have clicked lost password 6 times then I had 6 diffrent passwords and I tried the most recent one and it finally logged me in

this game will be amazing i want to play it now.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

twesterm said:
Meh, it's a game I might get it eventually. It looks interesting and I love the art style but I'm not convinced it's actually worth full price yet.

Maybe when there's actually more than one review and it stays above a 90 I might change my mind, but I suppose we'll just wait and see.

Famitsu gave it a 9 9 8 9, this game looks like it will end up in the low 90's and high 80's.

I don't understand why this game won't be worth full price? If Mario Party and other party games are worth full price, then this deserves it even more. Remember it's not a cash-in port either. It's a fully packed original action game on the Wii.

I expect this to be the sleeper hit on the Wii for this year. 1 million is doable lifetime considering the Wii userbase is still growing.

Around the Network
Joemanji said:
twesterm said:
Meh, it's a game I might get it eventually. It looks interesting and I love the art style but I'm not convinced it's actually worth full price yet.

Maybe when there's actually more than one review and it stays above a 90 I might change my mind, but I suppose we'll just wait and see.

Famitsu gave it a 9 9 8 9, this game looks like it will end up in the low 90's and high 80's.

I don't understand why this game won't be worth full price? If Mario Party and other party games are worth full price, then this deserves it even more. Remember it's not a cash-in port either. It's a fully packed original action game on the Wii.

I expect this to be the sleeper hit on the Wii for this year. 1 million is doable lifetime considering the Wii userbase is still growing.

1.  I don't trust Famistu as they give a lot of games scores like that.
  2. At the moment, it hasn't done anything to convince me that it will provide me with more than a few hours fun.  It without a doubt looks interesting but it could also be one of those games where the novelty wears off quickly. 
  3. Did I hint anywhere that it was a cash-in game?