By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one worried about the future of Wii U?

Sony and MS aren't selling a ton of consoles

Around the Network
wick said:
Yes.

I have owned every Nintendo console released and I have absolutely zero interest in the WiiU.

I don't want another console collecting dust in 2 years.

Ah the famous dust collector point 

We don't know the specs the price and the release games for the WiiU. I do know nintendo franchise games. And if they are smart they will release a true 2d mario platformer that will give it a good start. They usually don't lose money on their consoles. So I think they will be alright

It will be fine. It will likely have a 10m lead on next gen consoles from Sony and M$. I don't think it will sell as much as the Wii though.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

BasilZero said:
You really shouldnt worry, as long as Mario (including Kart) , Zelda , Super Smash Bros or Pokemon comes out, the Wii-U will be saved , cant say the same for any other game though.....

Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Any other Capcom Game, Final Fantasy... and more. The Wii U will do more than fine.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
radishhead said:
I honestly think the WiiU is going to go down the same way as the Gamecube - they're not going to get this "hardcore" audience, no matter how hard they try, and Microsoft own the casuals now. The 3DS will remain very popular, but I don't see the WiiU passing 30 million units

Gasp! How could you say that?! You better be one of those people that make horrible predictions, Radish.

I'm just curious how radish arrived at 30m

This sounds suspiciously like the Wii before it was released. I remember talk of how this will be the end of hardware manufacturing for nintendo and they will just be a software developer.

mhsillen said:
This sounds suspiciously like the Wii before it was released. I remember talk of how this will be the end of hardware manufacturing for nintendo and they will just be a software developer.

I'm pretty sure this happened to all Nintendo consoles after Sony and Microsoft got into the business.

Yes, yes you are

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:
You really shouldnt worry, as long as Mario (including Kart) , Zelda , Super Smash Bros or Pokemon comes out, the Wii-U will be saved , cant say the same for any other game though.....

Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Any other Capcom Game, Final Fantasy... and more. The Wii U will do more than fine.

-Animal Crossing wont sell as much as the games I listed
-MH will only sell alot in Japan, in the West it'll be comparable to a Sony first party title.
-With the decisions Capcom has made with games lately, I can only see Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Lost Planet or Dead Rising even coming close to huge sales.
-Hopefully a decent FF game will come out on the Wii-U, the only good console FF game that came out for a Nintendo system since the SNES days was FF Crystal Chronicles but for the GCN and even that wont sell as much unfortunately ;/.

Animal Crossing sells as good as Zelda, even better sometimes.

That's why I put MH in there, for Japan.

Those are the games I was meaning.

I could see a good Final Fantasy coming to the Wii U, Square Enix doesn't hold any type of grudge on Nintendo to not produce something good.