By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
Wagram said:
You guys should probably start using spoiler tags.

I wouldn't say that anything up to and including Xord is a spoiler, because it all occurs within the first 10% of the game...aside from 'one bit' in Colony 9... But yeah. Spoiler tags for anything here on out that includes direct character spoilers. Use general statements, like 'the big field' instead of Bionis' Leg, or 'the marsh' instead of...well, the marsh. Characters should also have no detaild revealed, not even name or their fate. It's fairest for everyone.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Plezbo said:
Just took out X**d last night, and saw my first glimpse of "mystery creature 3" during the "Ah crap" moment that followed the Xord showdown.

Can I just say that Dunban is a complete Boss? Dude just keeps going hard at every turn.

Yeah, he kinda is. He gets even more hardcore much later on though... You won't know who the characters in that scene are for a while. Another 15-20 hours, infact... The fight with X**d is one of the hardest IMO, because you can't topple it easily at this stage. There's probably... 3 main story bosses which are harder. If you can do that fight, you should have you problems for a while!

Wagram said:

I mean, yeah, maybe, but I keep misnaming things on purpose and I don't include story spoiler details.  I mean, the artbook has Xord in there, so I don't know how much of a spoiler that was.  I will try to do this in the future.  Stating that Dunban is a boss isnt a spoiler though, just the Bionis's honest truth. 

Plezbo said:
Wagram said:

I mean, yeah, maybe, but I keep misnaming things on purpose and I don't include story spoiler details.  I mean, the artbook has Xord in there, so I don't know how much of a spoiler that was.  I will try to do this in the future.  Stating that Dunban is a boss isnt a spoiler though, just the Bionis's honest truth. 

I've no issues with what's been said so far, but just be careful from here. Some story stuff, character names and places can be deemed as spoilers

I'll pick this up after I finish ME3, FF XIII-2, and The Witcher 2. Looks like a must play game. I may pick it up before I finish those games just to support the Wii and the genre with a full price purchase.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I'll pick this up after I finish ME3, FF XIII-2, and The Witcher 2. Looks like a must play game. I may pick it up before I finish those games just to support the Wii and the genre with a full price purchase.

It really is! But I'd say get it beforehand. Gamestop are already back-logged. Now is a good time to buy, before it's too late!

It's also better than all the games on that list. I'm playing/played all of them, and they were all good. But I prefered Xenoblade.

I am hoping that this ending wont make me feel as empty and unaccomplished as ME3's did. And I LOVED the entire series up until the final 15 minutes.

Soriku said:
Plezbo said:
I am hoping that this ending wont make me feel as empty and unaccomplished as ME3's did. And I LOVED the entire series up until the final 15 minutes.

Don't worry, the game's ending gives good closure, though what you ultimately think of the ending depends on your opinion of the big TWEEST at the end.

I agree with this. It is a good ending. And the twist? I enjoyed it. Very Sci-Fi.

It was, let's say, a triumph.

So what you guys are saying is that the end isn't, "You have an important choice to make, do you want the end movie to have Red, Blue, or Green highlights? Everything else is the same, and yeah, we won't be giving you closure, suck it."

Plezbo said:

So what you guys are saying is that the end isn't, "You have an important choice to make, do you want the end movie to have Red, Blue, or Green highlights? Everything else is the same, and yeah, we won't be giving you closure, suck it."

No. It's more like "You want to know who this character is? Or what all the crazy stuff earlier was all about? Well, sit down. Because, well, you won't see THIS coming..."

Then something nice and sweet at the end to give it closure. Heh. Group Theory in a gaming discussion...