By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report: PS4 specs to go "toe-to-toe" with the Xbox 720, and rumored PS4 screenshot.

I came for the toes. Where are the toes?!

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
JEMC said:

To run the Samaritan demo, Epic needed 3x580 in SLI which would be like 2x680 in SLI.

At this years GDC Epic showed it again, but only needed 1 card, according to Nvidia. That card is, presumably, the "real" 680 (GK110) or the future 780.

No, the Samaritan demo ran on a single gtx 680, the card that is available on the market today. 

In that case I must say that Epic has done a great optimization, a single 680 is nowhere near 3x580 in SLI. 

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

enditall727 said:
Solid-Stark said:
enditall727 said:
so umm...

would these specs be able to run the samaritan demo??

More properly is will it run Unreal Engine 4(?) And yes, but not at the quality it was presented in with the gtx580s or 680 setup.

oh so the original Samaritan demo was presented with a gtx580/680 setup graphics card or whatever?

i didn't know that(even though i dont know shit about graphics cards) lol

It was originally presented in 3 GTX580's and more recently in one GTX680. The confusion lies that what was presented is the only way it can run. I mean, it was to display what Epic aimed at with next gen hardware and their Unreal Engine 4. The PS4 can have an AMD APU with a 7670 level power and yes, it would still support the Unreal Engine 4, but just not at the quality that it was presented with the other cards. Think current multiplat comparisons on pc vs consoles.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Lafiel said:
Sal.Paradise said:
JEMC said:

To run the Samaritan demo, Epic needed 3x580 in SLI which would be like 2x680 in SLI.

At this years GDC Epic showed it again, but only needed 1 card, according to Nvidia. That card is, presumably, the "real" 680 (GK110) or the future 780.

No, the Samaritan demo ran on a single gtx 680, the card that is available on the market today. 

yea, with less AA though afaik

Where did you see that?

JEMC said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I really hope they have better GPUs.

Would it really be that expensive? 360 was a fairly high-end system back in 05/06, and it launched at an affordable price.

It launched at 399 $/€ and some reports said that Microsoft lost at least 125$ for each console sold.

If you want high-end specs and include the cost of the new Kinect (which they have to include if they want it to be something develops take into consideration and really use), you end with a console with a price tag of at least 499 $/€ with acceptable losses for Microsoft.

And the situation now (or in 2013) is not the same as before, 399 $/€ is a lot of money and 499 is just madness.

True. Mid-range specs then.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
MasterMalstrom said:

Haha there are so many misinformed people on this forum, i had to make an account to correct this lol. The xbox 360 gpu uses the old vliw-4 architecture thus it has 48 Stream Processing Units which consists of 4 shader units compare that to amd's 7670 which uses the newer vliw-5 architecture and has 480 Stream Processing Units consisting ech of 5 shader units. So the ps4 wil be at least 10x as powerfull gpu wise than ps3. Ad to this the rumor that sony wil use an amd cpu with an integrated gpu and ps4 might be potentially 12x more powerfull if you go by the rumored specs.

Wow.. for somebody who is "not misinformed" you write a lot of nonsense. It would have been better to get some information before making a total fool out of yourself...

I made a mistake lol it seems the hd 7670 stil uses vliw-4 architecture but my arguments stil stands.

UnknownFact said:

I am disappointed at the fact that they're not pushing the graphics power as much as they could.

There's no valid reason to slow down progress on that field just now.

In the end they're still going to charge us full price for games when they were developped using technology that is cheaper to develop with because it's old.

Andrespetmonkey said:
I kinda want aanouncements at E3 now, I don't want 5 threads a day about next-gen rumours for another year.

Just don't read them o.o

I don't mind them, I find them interesting and I like to contribute. I just wouldn't want us to be talking on rumours and speculation for another year and I'd prefer to discuss concrete info.

MasterMalstrom said:
drkohler said:
MasterMalstrom said:

Haha there are so many misinformed people on this forum, i had to make an account to correct this lol. The xbox 360 gpu uses the old vliw-4 architecture thus it has 48 Stream Processing Units which consists of 4 shader units compare that to amd's 7670 which uses the newer vliw-5 architecture and has 480 Stream Processing Units consisting ech of 5 shader units. So the ps4 wil be at least 10x as powerfull gpu wise than ps3. Ad to this the rumor that sony wil use an amd cpu with an integrated gpu and ps4 might be potentially 12x more powerfull if you go by the rumored specs.

Wow.. for somebody who is "not misinformed" you write a lot of nonsense. It would have been better to get some information before making a total fool out of yourself...

I made a mistake lol it seems the hd 7670 stil uses vliw-4 architecture but my arguments stil stands.

You still don't know. vliw5 is older than vliw4, with vliw4 only used in 6970-6950 and trinity, and all the other cards older than GCN are vliw5.

Kynes said:
MasterMalstrom said:
drkohler said:
MasterMalstrom said:

You still don't know. vliw5 is older than vliw4, with vliw4 only used in 6970-6950 and trinity, and all the other cards older than GCN are vliw5.

I know but my point was that the hd 7670 is about 9 or 10 times as powerfull than the 360's xenos

Sal.Paradise said:
Lafiel said:

yea, with less AA though afaik

Where did you see that?

hmm..

I thought I read that on a german website, but I looked it up again and it seems they just used the newer FXAA instead of MSAA. It's way less taxing on the GPU and might even provide superior results - I just compared them and this years demo actually looks less aliased to me.