By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - iPhone 5 releasing in June?

Of course, its way overdue, people have money to spend!

Around the Network

It is only a small portion that buys the new iphone when it release while owning the latest version. The joke is getting old, we are not making those comments when a TV/laptop/pc manufacture releases new products every 6 months do we?

Before you know it, These iPhone upgrades will come so frequently that they'll release the iPhone 7 before the iPhone 6.....

spurgeonryan said:
Jusus chriest! How often can they do these upgrades? I guess as long as people continue to buy them like it is a glass of water in the desert.
In that last example I was saying that someone was in the mojave desert and their canteen had run dry. Then someone, probably a native American probably had a water store or whatever they have in the desert and they were/was selling water by the cup to stranded people in the desert. Understand?

I wish the 3DS would go through changes this fast.

Android gets hundreds of handests every year...and is the market leader.

iOS only gets one...and controls a very sizable chunk of the market.

Windows Phone gets a couple of dozen...and has meager marketshare and looks to be going the way of RIM and Symbian...which is to say dying/dead.

Apple isnt releasing masses of phones like HTC, Samsung, etc. but just making a single yearly update in order to keep up with the market. And its not just the phone, but also the OS, people just like iOS (unlike RIM, Symbian, and Windows Phone it seems) and Apple hardware enough to continue to buy them in mass. 

spurgeonryan said:

The only difference with the other millions of phones and whatnot released each year is that no one cares about any of them. That is why the Iphone is such a big deal, obviously, because people are interested. iphone, ipod, ipad......still a lot of upgrades.

You answered the question yourself. The reason why it appears that Apple has too many upgrades is because they are products that people actually care about, versus the masses of upgrades and models and sub models, etc. that other companies push out at a far far faster rate. If no one cared about Apple products then no one would be complaining about their modest yearly upgrades. 

Around the Network
pezus said:
Lostplanet22 said:
It is only a small portion that buys the new iphone when it release while owning the latest version. The joke is getting old, we are not making those comments when a TV/laptop/pc manufacture releases new products every 6 months do we?

All signs I'v personally seen point to most people upgrading every time they release a new one. Do you have numbers to dispute that?

signs?  signs like that is your gut feeling?!?!  since you are asserting most people upgrade to you have numbers to back that claim?

A2B24R246 said:

Windows Phone gets a couple of dozen...and has meager marketshare and looks to be going the way of RIM and Symbian...which is to say dying/dead.

WP going away is your wishful thinking? Because it certanly isn't based on facts. Windows phone marketshare is on the rise...very slowly. Its Windows Mobile that is being phased out which is a completely different platform.

Windows Phone hasn't even started rolling and certanly isn't going away with Windows 8 sharing its design and feature elements... Microsoft is just getting started with Windows Phone.

Well I hope it somehow has a 1080p display :p But seriously, I hope that the screen wont be as large as the S2... makes the phone feel damn bulky and can barely fit into my pocket. Let's see what Apple cooks up this time. I will be one of the buyers of the next Iphone as I'm very satisfied with Apple's service so far with the Iphone 4. Let's see what happens! If it doesn't trump what the competition has, I may get one of the competitor phones in the future :) But we shall see!

No... Why all these stupid rumours man. They moved the release+announcement schedule from june to september/october now.

Turkish said:
No... Why all these stupid rumours man. They moved the release+announcement schedule from june to september/october now.

This is most likely true. I wouldn't say a summer release is impossible, but it's more likely that the iPhone has stolen the iPod's premium holiday launch spot. More likely that summer is when Apple will announce new iPods and/or Macs (assuming those products even warrant a big launch announcement anymore).

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.