By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Kinect Star Wars REVIEW! - Is the Force strong with this one? - Now with all the scores so far!

Despite the reviews I am sure it will sell a lot

Around the Network
selnor said:

Any game that lets me have fun with my kids and my mates is pure win. And Kinect Star Wars has been awesome at this. Just behind Kinect Sports Season 2 for best Kinect game yet.

The fact is, there are much better games out there you can have fun with your kids & mates. SW-Kinect is trash.

z101 said:
selnor said:

Any game that lets me have fun with my kids and my mates is pure win. And Kinect Star Wars has been awesome at this. Just behind Kinect Sports Season 2 for best Kinect game yet.

The fact is, there are much better games out there you can have fun with your kids & mates. SW-Kinect is trash.

Please let me know. I own alot already. Star Wars Kinect is definately better than all but Kinect Sports Season 2.

selnor said:
SvennoJ said:

"Funfactor is the only rating I give games anymore. Obviously why we play games in the first place.
For example:

Rayman O = 9/10
AC Brotherood = 7/10
Mass Efect 3 = 8/10
Star Wars Kinect = 9/10
"

Star wars Kinect is more fun then AC Brotherhood and equal to the excellent Rayman Origins?
My eyes and all the reviews must clearly be wrong.

I guess Kinect Rush is awesome too? It got 1 point more then Star wars from Eurogamer.

How about appeal factor, I give SW Kinect a 2 for that. It's not that I don't like motion gaming, Kung Fu Live is an excellent fun workout with the custom modes. But for anything game wise I want lag free precision.

My kids tink Kinect Rush is way better.

Giving my kids a choice between Kinect Rush/Kinect Star Wars or Halo Reach/Uncharted?

I think you know the answer.

What gives anyone the right to say 100's families having fun with Kinect Rush and Kinect Star Wars are wrong?

Because a guy in some Giant Bomb studio doesnt understand why anyone would appreciate these games doesnt mean they deserve these silly scores.

Maybe kids are different these days? When I was young we played so called 'hardcore' platformers etc a lot more then the 'motion controlled' lightgun mini games of the times. Movie tie ins certainly got a look at but never for long.

My kids are still too young to enjoy controller free gaming. My oldest is 2 and a half and is all about buttons. He's not really interested in waving at the tv. The primary reason to play a game for him is to hold any of the controllers in the house. He loves flying around in wii sports resort because the buttons do stuff, steering the plane is secondary. He's just as happy pulling the menu up. He's already into Rayman origins and Mario. He found the old gc controller, he thought that thing was awesome, so mario sunshine it was.

He does try the penguin game on wii fit now and then but it's a lot harder to grasp how to correlate your body movements to on screen action then holding something and experimenting with all the buttons. I guess that comes later. It's just a lot more natural to hold something in your hands and experiment with it.

Anyway are there any kinect games your kids keep coming back to? You know when we were kids we played mario and sonic for years. All the 'motion', movie tie ins and mini games were forgotten after a couple of weeks.

they just need an hd rogue squadron remake

Around the Network

One thing motion gaming brought back is party multiplayer with people in the same living room. Elitists on forums seem to think only long single player experiences are relevant and able to bring fun to gaming. SWK doesn't appeal to my tastes and I will not get the game but I understand Selnor's comments. When I buy games like Mass Effect (which is my fav series this gen) I don't invite friends or play with my family, it's only me playing alone and have a blast.

Kinect games (and Wii games) have the ability to get people together and have fun while playing a video game.

video games =/= long single player session, no motion control, must appeal to single males...

There are video games for every tastes and if you don't like then just pass by.

As for SW fans, I never took this series seriously. I don't think anyone should. It's fantasy setting is perfect to make fun of itself.

pezus said:
Jazz2K said:
One thing motion gaming brought back is party multiplayer with people in the same living room. Elitists on forums seem to think only long single player experiences are relevant and able to bring fun to gaming. SWK doesn't appeal to my tastes and I will not get the game but I understand Selnor's comments. When I buy games like Mass Effect (which is my fav series this gen) I don't invite friends or play with my family, it's only me playing alone and have a blast.

Kinect games (and Wii games) have the ability to get people together and have fun while playing a video game.

video games =/= long single player session, no motion control, must appeal to single males...

As for SW fans, I never took this series seriously. I don't think anyone should. It's fantasy setting is perfect to make fun of itself.

And all non-motion games are single-player, right? I think I'll just keep using FIFA as my "party multiplayer" game.

I never said all non motion games were single player but to a lot of people on forums it's like these games are the ones everybody calling themselves "gamers" should play.

Fifa is one good game and a good party game yes but it's one game and it doesn't appeal to everyone. Some would rather play real soccer, it's fun to kick the ball in Kinect Sports with friends and especially family. Some don't want to mimmick movements and they have games that appeal to them. This constant hating for anything casual/motion/non "hardcore" has to stop.

When I don't like a certain genre I just leave it and that's all. Do I really need to call those who have different tastes? I like forums because you can get tricks and news about videogames but now it's more bashing than discussion... boohoo devs make games for other people than me...

Jazz2K said:
pezus said:
Jazz2K said:

And all non-motion games are single-player, right? I think I'll just keep using FIFA as my "party multiplayer" game.

I never said all non motion games were single player but to a lot of people on forums it's like these games are the ones everybody calling themselves "gamers" should play.

Fifa is one good game and a good party game yes but it's one game and it doesn't appeal to everyone. Some would rather play real soccer, it's fun to kick the ball in Kinect Sports with friends and especially family. Some don't want to mimmick movements and they have games that appeal to them. This constant hating for anything casual/motion/non "hardcore" has to stop.

When I don't like a certain genre I just leave it and that's all. Do I really need to call those who have different tastes? I like forums because you can get tricks and news about videogames but now it's more bashing than discussion... boohoo devs make games for other people than me...

add COD, MarioKart, Smash BRos. hell any fighting game really. etc. Motion controllers didnt bring anything back, local multiplayer never left. Lets stop giving motion controls credit for crap it didnt do

Selnor is hilarious BTW, i bet my left testicle had this been on a Sony or Ninty console, he wouldnt be anywhere near defensive

selnor said:
z101 said:
selnor said:

Please let me know. I own alot already. Star Wars Kinect is definately better than all but Kinect Sports Season 2.

I think he means buy a Wii.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...