By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Spy Who Loved Me Review

This is by far my favorite Moore Bond. Everything is first class, including the theatrical poster.

As amp said, "Spy" has a great title songs as well, written by Marvin Hamlish/Carole Bayer Sager, performed by Carly Simon. One of my most favorite Bond songs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOd1JJvwlM (top rated comment for this video: "Ahh back when Bond was Bond. Now he is like the fucking terminator." I coudn't agree more.)

1977 had Star Wars, The Spy Who Loved Me, Annie Hall and Saturday Night Fever. Four completely different movies, four classics, I love them all.

Around the Network

Too long since I watched this, may have to tonight. Cheers for the review.

@ Ryan Brosnan did want to play Bond longer. It was the film makers that told him to take a hike.

I don't think that the new film will be zany, but I do think that it won't be as serious. Craig himself said that this will be the first TRUE Bond movie that he will be in. In case you didn't hear, there is going to be a new Q so expect some gadgets.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Ah, this is a great one and also one of my favorites. And on top of that it is also my mom's absolute favorite due to childhood memories (which I won't go into detail about.)

Jaws is badass xD

Great review. BTW there is a long standing rumour that Stanley Kubrick, as a favour, helped them light the submarine set as no one else could get it right.

My heck though - did things go from sublime for Moore style here to... well, let's see what you think of Moonraker.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

MWTGG took some flak then,did you not enjoy it as a boy,these 4 moore bonds were around when i was young so i enjoyed them,i guess it doesn't make them all good but they are fun,nobody does it better,top,top song,jane seymour hubba hubba,submarine lotus that was a wow for young eyes back in the day,thumbs up amp

Above & Beyond

Jaws was my favorite character in this one as you know.  Also my favorite or the Moore movies.

Flattery will get you nowhere - but don't stop trying.

Miss Moneypenny